Dropping my 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by worldhazard
    p-rotege... can we see pics of the side prof. of the car? get a better idea really than the angle. No offense, but the sig one looks absolutely horrible...

Are you kidding? its ****ing amazing, I'd do that to my car if I could.

And where did you pick up your springs P-rotege?

Comment

p-rotege... can we see pics of the side prof. of the car? get a better idea really than the angle. No offense, but the sig one looks absolutely horrible...
      It's cool man, none taken. I like that kind of thing, I don't expect others to feel the same way.

I only have one pic right now, it's on a hill by my house so the angle is a bit off, and the front wheel is turned which raises the front a bit. You can tell by the back tire how low it really is. My little mudguard things are only about 1.5" off the ground.

Are you kidding? its ****ing amazing, I'd do that to my car if I could.

And where did you pick up your springs P-rotege?
      Thanks for the compliment I got the springs from Weapon-R. Talk to Chris or Leo I think. They are the circuit pro setup, only $150.00. They can make what ever setup you want too, just specify use of the vehicle, DD, AutoX, whatever and they will change the spring rates accordingly. www.weapon-R.com
      Attached Files
      Last edited by P-rotege; 06-30-2005, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Offset

P-rotege,

You car sits perfect!! What wheel offset do you use? I'm almost ready to set my car back on the ground and see how low the bags dropped it. I wanna run 17's and I know i'm going to tuck quite a bit.

Thanks

Comment

P-rotege,

You car sits perfect!! What wheel offset do you use? I'm almost ready to set my car back on the ground and see how low the bags dropped it. I wanna run 17's and I know i'm going to tuck quite a bit.

Thanks
          Thanks man,
          I believe the wheels are 17x7 40mm offset. You better post pics of your car bagged, If I had the money I'd do that **** in a heart beat. BTW what bags are you using, is it a kit, or custom setup, how much $$. Watch for speed bumps

Comment

Bag setup

Originally posted by P-rotege
            Thanks man,
            I believe the wheels are 17x7 40mm offset. You better post pics of your car bagged, If I had the money I'd do that **** in a heart beat. BTW what bags are you using, is it a kit, or custom setup, how much $$. Watch for speed bumps
            It is a kit from AIM industries (airbagit.com) They have an Ebay site and it's like $1,100 for the complete kit (airstruts, tanks, compressor, switches, guages, valves, etc.) I had to buy like $350.00 in fittings and hoses and airline to set it up the way I wanted. I'm dropping off all of my suspension bolts and nuts to be Bright Zink plated tonight. We should get it all together Friday night if all goes well and I'll take pics then.

Right now i'm running 16x7's with 35mm offset. I've had the rear tucked with my old coil overs, but it was close.

Comment

DOes your 14's sit like this? B/c im lookin at some 17's as well..

Comment

DOes your 14's sit like this? B/c im lookin at some 17's as well..
                Pretty damn close, maybe a touch lower, I think it barely tucks the tire with the 14's. What suspension are you using?

I'll see if I have some old pics, I have to get new tires on the 14's so they're out-of-comission right now.

Comment

im using ebay ocilovers St racing/megan racing on new stock struts. the ride is great with the14's, but pretty bad with low profile tires.

Comment

Do you know the spring rate on the E-bay ones.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
                    98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

i have no idea, it was soooo long ago. I havent really took my car out anywhere and really took aroud some hard curves on a track. but i have in t mountains, its so firm that the rear end can shake loose real easily especially with the mx3 tie bar. But i have seom real good sticky yokohamas in the back.

these are the same as the ones i got

Comment

**** that ****, the sig looks dope man.

Comment

Would those $139.00 Eibach sprints cut down on body roll as well? That's the only gripe about my car really, It just rolls too much. If I can spend $140 to make it nice and firm, I'll do it. Will it provide quicker steering response as well? I don't really care about a jerky ride, having fun in the twisties is worth it. Would I have to do struts and **** too, or just springs?
                          1994 DX SOHC Auto (Tropical Emerald Metallic)
                          Panasonic CQ-C8400 HU
                          eDi 6500 Components
                          Arc Audio KAR 200.2
                          Elemental Designs NINe.1 Amp (1000W@2 ohm)
                          eD 16ov2 IB
                          eDead
                          Autopage Security System + Power locks!!(KEYLESS ENTRY!)
                          cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by Scott D
                            Would those $139.00 Eibach sprints cut down on body roll as well? That's the only gripe about my car really, It just rolls too much. If I can spend $140 to make it nice and firm, I'll do it. Will it provide quicker steering response as well? I don't really care about a jerky ride, having fun in the twisties is worth it. Would I have to do struts and **** too, or just springs?
                            Stiffer spring will do that for ya. And you should replace the sturts too unless you want to look like a ghetto ass civic drivers and bounce all over the road.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
                            98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

i have eibach springs on my 93 EGT, and i love them, cant even move the suspension an inch if i push on the front fender, but obviously the rear will move around an inch or so. but they handle great, awsome profile too.

JACK
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Working...
                              X