Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
    mental note:
    Grab a zx2 front sway bar and also grab a protege rear sway bar at the next trip to the junkyard.
    Be prepared to spend quite a few hours trying to remove the front sway bar. I wanted to add the zx2 sway bar, but I can't justify tearing apart the whole front end for this. Replacing the bushing and endlinks with the Energy Suspension pieces is good enough for now.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

what you have one that your selling or something?
      I can spend a day with air tools and my back to remove the front sway bar...
      no biggie for me.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
        what you have one that your selling or something?
        I can spend a day with air tools and my back to remove the front sway bar...
        no biggie for me.
        No, I don't. I was unable to locate a zx2 in the local junkyards. I managed to find some people that were parting out zx2's but none of them wanted to do so much work for a few bucks.
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

that's a rear one, for a zx2...
          just for links sake.

btw: I think I may have found a zx2 front sway bar.
          was the zx2 made in 98?
          Last edited by bruce95fmla; 05-19-2004, 03:40 PM.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

pretty sure the ZX2 was made in 98.. just look on the back bumper if it says ZX2 you got the right car.
            i've got 1 extra ZX2 in one of my local junkyards up here... pretty sure it still has the bar.
            i installed the ZX2 bar in front on my 323... im not all that educated in suspension dynamics but so far im please with the results. and its an extrodinary difference over the stock 323.... god i'll never go back to that
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
            X