No announcement yet.

RX-7 FC 4 piston calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck, could be anything. You sure the rears are working? A LOT of Proteges have stuck rear calipers. Otherwise, buy some rebuilt calipers, get a GOOD set of pads (what are you running now?), and fresh fluid. You need to be changing fluid every 6 months to a year. Stuff is cheap, and doesn't take that long. Also, replace the factory lines if you haven't yet. If it's still not working, master cylinder might be going....any leaks? The pedal will ALWAYS be a bit squishy. Comes from an inherent lack of stiffness in the firewall, and mashing the brake pedal will actually flex it a bit.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

I think the problem is my rear calipers actually... That'll be the first thing to go... then I guess SS lines....

I just thought that if this RX7 caliper deal was doable, it would be worth it... But it seems as though it's not. I'll spend the money elsewhere.
      Bob

www.midnitemekanix.com

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
        Heck, could be anything. You sure the rears are working? A LOT of Proteges have stuck rear calipers. Otherwise, buy some rebuilt calipers, get a GOOD set of pads (what are you running now?), and fresh fluid. You need to be changing fluid every 6 months to a year. Stuff is cheap, and doesn't take that long. Also, replace the factory lines if you haven't yet. If it's still not working, master cylinder might be going....any leaks? The pedal will ALWAYS be a bit squishy. Comes from an inherent lack of stiffness in the firewall, and mashing the brake pedal will actually flex it a bit.
        OK sorry for the dumb question. When I pull up the handbrake on the freeway (yeah ...) it kinda pulls to one side. When I put it back down it really jolts. Think I have a stuck rear caliper?
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

yes
          -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

thank you

Comment

and a death wish...locking up the rears (or trying to) at freeway speeds will surely send you a spinnin...

Comment

I didn't lock em up

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                  and a death wish...locking up the rears (or trying to) at freeway speeds will surely send you a spinnin...
                  oh no it won't....unless only one does. We know....we had a 3rd gen Protege rental car.... no spinny with the e-braky
                  -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                    oh no it won't....unless only one does. We know....we had a 3rd gen Protege rental car.... no spinny with the e-braky
                    lmao nice jesse...abusing 3rd gens like all should

Comment

Working...
                    X