Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car sways when wind blows against it (only in one direction of travel).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car sways when wind blows against it (only in one direction of travel).

I just took a 1000 mile trip southbound from DC to FL and the car was very difficult to keep in my lane the whole way down with wind blowing against it.

However, I had what seemed to be equally hard wind blowing against it when I travelled back home Northbound from FL to DC. The car was not swayed at all by the wind....didn't matter how hard the wind blew.

The car has brand new tires and a recent 4 wheel alignment.

Any ideas why the car is almost undriveable when driven in one direction, yet performs perfectly when driven in the other?

Thanks for any thoughts.
    93 EGT 5M, Bimini Blue

132k miles, DD only

0w20, EG Fram Oil Filter for Probe 2.5L, Magnetic Drain Plug, ebay cone filter, 03 Protege Rotors, moog sway bar end-links on rear sway bar, mx3 seats, Power Sunroof, Miata Valve Cover Bolts, Gatorback Belts, Timing *14 on 87 Oct, Autolite 3924 @ .043 - 35 mpg at 67 mph (95% highway driving) with A/C and headlights on. Untested for fuel economy: Sylvania EcoBright 9004, .717 5th gear with D6 ATF, NGK wires, 195/65/15 Kumho LRR 4 wire tps

Former Car: 92 Protege DX 5 spd.

Originally posted by dx92beater
    I just took a 1000 mile trip southbound from DC to FL and the car was very difficult to keep in my lane the whole way down with wind blowing against it.

However, I had what seemed to be equally hard wind blowing against it when I travelled back home Northbound from FL to DC. The car was not swayed at all by the wind....didn't matter how hard the wind blew.

The car has brand new tires and a recent 4 wheel alignment.

Any ideas why the car is almost undriveable when driven in one direction, yet performs perfectly when driven in the other?

Thanks for any thoughts.
    On the drive home, you were much stronger because of the drive down to FL.

Comment

hahaahahahahahaahahah that was a good one!
      93 EGT 5M, Bimini Blue

132k miles, DD only

0w20, EG Fram Oil Filter for Probe 2.5L, Magnetic Drain Plug, ebay cone filter, 03 Protege Rotors, moog sway bar end-links on rear sway bar, mx3 seats, Power Sunroof, Miata Valve Cover Bolts, Gatorback Belts, Timing *14 on 87 Oct, Autolite 3924 @ .043 - 35 mpg at 67 mph (95% highway driving) with A/C and headlights on. Untested for fuel economy: Sylvania EcoBright 9004, .717 5th gear with D6 ATF, NGK wires, 195/65/15 Kumho LRR 4 wire tps

Former Car: 92 Protege DX 5 spd.

Comment

Working...
      X