Check Out the Rims I Bought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok... Now back on topic...

Now the Question is.... if I do at all.... HOW LOW SHOULD I LOWER MY CAR.... I'm not a huge fan of negative camber... (or is it positive) anyway, I dont want my tires saggin in at all... I hate that ****... I see rice bois that get like 3" drops that cant afford to buy a kit to align that **** up...

If I got about a 1" to 2" drop... would I be in the clear of this??? and is one inch enough to still look alright with the 17's...

Ahhhh the smell of new tires.... Let me knOw!!!
    Attached Files
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by XxToKeSxX
      Finally I got my Cot Damn Tires.... Kuhmo 205/40/17's... Here are some pics...Thos Bastard mother faulkers didnt even put them in some sort of Box when they shipped the bitches from San Diego... what if someone was just like... oh wow... i need some 205's.... ooooops... looks like that Item got misplaced... what dumb asses... Thank God that got here......
      Traditionally, tires aren't boxed. Usually they are just taped together in pairs when UPSed (or FedExed). I know I've never gotten tires any other way (and I've bought most of the last 25 sets of tires by mail).

Wheels alone tend to come in boxes (usually two taped together or two to a box), and tire/wheel combos come with cardboard covering the wheels to protect them during shipping.
      David Avard
      '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
      '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
      '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

Word....???... Ok... so there is really nothing from stopping them from just inconveniencing me from some tires... man...

They were supposed to mount and balance my tires themselves, but the bastards tried to be slick... so I guess if they would have sent them together it would have been boxed... oh well... again though...

Originally posted by XxToKeSxX
        Ok... Now back on topic...

Now the Question is.... if I do at all.... HOW LOW SHOULD I LOWER MY CAR.... I'm not a huge fan of negative camber... (or is it positive) anyway, I dont want my tires saggin in at all... I hate that ****... I see rice bois that get like 3" drops that cant afford to buy a kit to align that **** up...

If I got about a 1" to 2" drop... would I be in the clear of this??? and is one inch enough to still look alright with the 17's...

Comment

so if im not mistaken, the rite size of rims and wheels to get without rubbing the wheel walls would be as follows:
          17x7... with a 40mm offset
          205/40/17's

am i correct??

thanks

Comment

yes... from the testimony of other first gen owners.. you are correct... I think this also depends on how low you lower tha bitch too...

Comment

heh, ups is a wonderful thing.. see, federal laws apply to ALL packages shipped through UPS.. just like the mail.. if you tamper with it or steal, it's your ASS! i believe there was some 5 year sentence with 5,000 dollar fine or some crazy **** like that.. they have ZERO tolerance for theft. now if you decided NOT to use the tracking numbers they provide, weren't home for the delivery and some punk jacks your tires off your front door step, thats your bad. those should look pretty mean, but just a key note, the 2 lowered first gen's i've ridden in rode HARDER than my stock suspension.. it looks good, gives you that nice low center of gravity.. but you'll end up feeling every bump even more so. i have an LX, and jumping from that to aftermarket setups, i'd say jumping from a dx to aftermarket would be an even greater difference in ride comfort. in contrast, you're 17's should have a MUCH better feel on the road then your stock wheels. thats my take
              peace

Comment

Yeah Demon... I really dont think that lowering my car will be an option anymore... it looks nice, but I just dont see the point... money wise its a bad decision.... 400 dollars for looks is not enough for me to risk ****ing up my ride quality... Unless it's not affected. We will see later down the road...

Comment

hold on there hoss..
                  i'm not telling you to skip your suspension.. but if you don't have the $400 or more to swap the **** out, don't bother. the ride "quality" that i was stating is TOTALLY subjective. personally, i didn't like the ride in EITHER of the lowered protege's i've been in.. i get enough road detail in my ride, suspension just wasn't my piece of cake . research more of what you're getting into, because suspension upgrades are WELL worth the bother, my insulance is just derived from the fact i own an import with a blue book value of $2000 or less, and i WANT the ride of a BMW.. ain't gonna happen . i tread lightly on the topic, but suspension upgrades aren't for me.
                  peace

Comment

If you want to lower it, I say go for it! If its ride quality your concerned about, don't get the Sprints like me. Get Eibach's or H&R's, maybee even Intrax. Im actually thinking about selling the Sprints and getting the H&R's. The rides not THAT bad with the Sprints, but it is harsh. You feel every bump you bottom out easily, and you ride the bumpstops. Handling is improved and the drop looks HELLA sweet, but with the direction I've been moving the H&R's are calling me.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Exaaaaaaaactly... I mean... i have the money... buts its not worth it... Unless I ghetto rig it like evertying else I do... and that isnt in the question... but hey marc... if you are selling your old springs... you know who to holler at... tropical lx to tropical dx... keep it true homie... you got to.. he he he...

Comment

Working...
                      X