Corksport Strut Tower Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corksport Strut Tower Bar

Ya, i ordered it like a month and a half ago, it was out of stock and it finally shipped on Friday and here it is...

I noticed when driving somewhat normally that there is a lot less body roll and steering felt much crisper. I'll post my full findings once I push it a little further.

Looks nice and solid , Need to get me one !! Screw that ebay shat !!
    c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

MMM beefy.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
      98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

That's a really nice looking piece.

I heard that in a hatchback, a rear STB makes a big difference too.

Comment

i had the 1st corksport bar on my white pro until the wreak and the 2nd 1 looks alot better. good score.
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

that corksport bar looks more durable then the OEM bar.... whats the cost on that?
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yikes
              $80 front
              $100 rear
              w/out taxes or shipping.

I wonder just how much better it is then an adjustable one.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                Yikes
                $80 front
                $100 rear
                w/out taxes or shipping.

I wonder just how much better it is then an adjustable one.
                it looks better than the old style. it looks like it would be worth that price.solid piece.
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

i have that same bar in my engine bay. it is nice and beefy. if you have a/c you have to kinda bend/move you a/c so it runs on top of it, but mine still works fine. i can atest that the bar is a nice unit and helps the car feel more stable in corners. doesn't flex so much. as far as OEM vs. CORKSPORT one, i haven't seen the OEM one from japan go for less then 65-70, unshipped. so the price is very close to the same.
                  Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

yeah, its pretty thick, my next purchase will probably be the rear strut bar from corksport but i'll have to find out how much of a difference the rear will make on handling to see if it's worth it

Comment

i noticed a difference more in the rear then i did the front. it does help the 323 quite a bit

Comment

hmmm, then I guess i'll have to set aside some money for one then, what company manufactured yours?(bpt323)

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                          i noticed a difference more in the rear then i did the front. it does help the 323 quite a bit
                          It was the same for my EGT. I have the Type II rear bar and I definately noticed more when I put that on than with just the OEM front bar.
                          Not the sports page Not a magazine

Comment

hey,
                            i'm interested. where can i get one?

Comment

Mazda and Mazdaspeed performance parts since 1998. Precision-engineered at an unbeatable value. 1-360-260-2675 - CorkSport Mazda Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X