Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

very upset.... mx3 v6 subframe is not wider.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very upset.... mx3 v6 subframe is not wider.

so i've come to find out that the mx3 front subframe V6 model is not wider.

Applying my lower tie bar from my protege subframe to the new mx3 v6 subframe. Its been noted that the LCA points are actually closer together rather than farther apart.

Im extremely confused & feel very mis-lead.

V6 swapped guys please help enlighten me on what the real deal is.
    Attached Files
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

well it appears that the Mx3 subframe is definitely not wider. the LCAs appear to be where the extra track comes from.... now on to sourcing some of those.

i'll up date as i get more parts... back to reinstalling everything.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

interesting..

Comment

well sucks you have to find out the hard way. atleast you know the difference. you do realise swapping in the mx3 LCA's will be even wider now on a regular bg subframe then the mx3 subframe right? that will greatly increase your traction base. thus meaning it will possibly run you into rubbing issues?!?!

NEUMAN

Comment

You're going to have a friggen widetrack BG.

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
            You're going to have a friggen widetrack BG.

its so he can articulate over speed bumps.

NEUMAN

Comment

thats kinda weird? even looking at mikes car, you can tell the front is wider...thats weird. sure its a V6 subframe?

JACK
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

i personally removed it from a v6 mx3. & yes eric your right, I should serve to have a slightly wider track then even the mx3 by keeping my current subframe.

Frankenstein suspension BG

& yes JHO i am going for a friggin widetrack bg
                ultimate handling BG is what im seeking.

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                  i personally removed it from a v6 mx3. & yes eric your right, I should serve to have a slightly wider track then even the mx3 by keeping my current subframe.

Frankenstein suspension BG

& yes JHO i am going for a friggin widetrack bg
                  ultimate handling BG is what im seeking.

also the mx-3 knuckles are what causes the added camber, the ball joint mount is a few degress futher out than the 323 in a side by side comparison. but you need to use the mx3 balljoints for it to work
                  "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                  -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                  *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                  172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                  New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323
                    the LCAs appear to be where the extra track comes from.... now on to sourcing some of those.

isnt that what me and you discussed. i told you i was going to get the lca's and convinced me it was the sub. im never listening to you again.lol
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

with the longer LCA's your going to run into possible camber issues.

NEUMAN

Comment

with adjustable camber plates i don't have any worries

the mx3 balljoints have a larger joint section that slides in2 the spindle. the can't be unmatched from mx3 spindles

Comment

sorry chris i was just going off of what i was told... guess this is another reason why i'll only go for solid proof

Comment

Yes the added width is in the arms not the subframe. maybe some old poorly repaired damage to your sub-frame.
                            Last edited by purewhitemp5; 06-24-2006, 09:36 PM.
                            c+p>c<c+d1>c+p<m+d2>m<m+f>f<c+p>m<m+f>f<f+s1>c+p<c +s2>c<c+p>

2002 Mazda Protégé 5 , 5-speed , poly engine mounts , 4 to 1 header , JIC-Magic semi titanium cat back , custom CAI , Tokiko hp struts , Vogtland springs , Mazdaspeed sway-bar kit , Megan racing TTL's , Megan Racing trailing arms , pedders control arm bushings , corksport clutch line and shifter bushings , Tiger Tuning rear panel with V brace , Black sedan headlights with 6000k H.I.D.'s , M3 mirrors , Audio by Alpine , Kicker and just getting started.

Comment

i got a subframe yesterday that will blow your mind! i wil post pics this evening. i think it may become the next rage!

NEUMAN

Comment

Working...
                              X