Strut positionning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut positionning

When installing the front struts, the mounting plate can be rotated for different camber caster angles. In the FSM, there are 3 positions that are shown with the associated camber and caster degrees. But it doesn't show the camber and caster angles for the basic position, where the direction indicator is facing the engine. In that position, caster and camber are both 0 deg or no?

Thanks

Maybe this thread will help: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...ghlight=mounts

Comment

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Well, i remember this thread but it still didn't answer my question. In the stock position, i.e. notches or rubber pieces facing the engine, what are the camber and caster degree minutes? 0' and 0' or something else.

If you put the notch towards the fender, you get positive camber (not good unless have lowering springs) and 0 caster (not what I want).

I was thinking putting it in position A to get more caster for better straight line handling and a bit of positive camber to compensate for the old sagging springs.

Any thaughts?

Comment

You should replace your old sagging springs with some lowering springs if you want to improve your handling.

Comment

agree honestly you best handling will come with between 1 and 2 egress negative camber
            mods: engine: fm stroker lightened and knifedged crank, 11:1, custom crank scraper, fully p&p head and intake mani, bored throttle body, flowed and matched stock injectors, rx7 vaf, apexi safc, gude race cams, modded ecu 8200 fuel cutoff, blaster coil, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, fidanza fly wheel and timeing gears, msp diff, custom shortram in a cold air box

suspension: s/r struts intrack springs and intrax sway bars 15x6.5 rims kumho mx tires 205 50 r 15

Comment

I left them in the standard position, i'm guessing it's the best position for dd; There must be a reason why Mazda did them like that.

Comment

Working...
              X