confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

confused

so i did my struts a couple months ago and ever since i did that my tires are wearing really bad on the inside and i dont know why, does any body know why its doing that please help me out thanks
    sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

come to mazdasnw.com if you live in the northwest

your alignment is not correct.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

you dont think it could be the upper strut mounts
      sigpic gtx swap,pacesetter cat back exhaust,civic short shifter,both front and rear upper strut tower bars,high flow cat,,mx-3 lower tie bar,mx-3 front seats,zxtuner poly motor mount inserts,manual seat belt conversion,mx-3 lether shift boot,

Comment

did you have your allignment done after you were done like your supposed to do after tearing your suspension apart? Start simple, if you didnt do a basic step dont think its something major, start with the simple.
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Comment

toe causes inner/outer tire wear, not the strut mounts
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

It sounds to me like too much negative camber.
            Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
            186k 10:1 hybrid motor
            d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

Comment

which way are the tabs on your upper strut mounts pointing? if you don't know what i'm talking about, take a pic of your engine bay and post it so we can tell you.
              Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

It sounds to me like too much negative camber.
                in stock form unless the suspension components are bent, there is no way to achieve camber bad enough to cause tire wear.

Comment

well thank you guys i will get an alignment and also the tabs on the struts both point toward the motor if that helps

Comment

well the tabs are pointing the right direction. you lowered your car enough to throw your toe settings off to into extreme degrees to be causing tire wear. like everyone said, alignment.
                    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

learn to love the negative camber lol

Comment

Originally posted by 323drift View Post
                        learn to love the negative camber lol
                        It works best after a alignment which i learned myself!
                        **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
                        95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Working...
                        X