vent uneven wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skullet
    will this work for a pro too? (the link is for an mx3)
    mx3 and 1g protege share a similar susoension

as for toe, the tie bar helps a lot (more for induced toe), i'll have to look into toe, are we talking toe out or toe in?? and my mechanic did say he give me a little negitive camber. he said no more the .75 degrees. but that was applied to the stock setting so things could be skewed.
    Last edited by Protoss; 09-02-2003, 12:37 AM.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
      mx3 and 1g protege share a similar susoension

as for toe, the tie bar helps a lot (more for induced toe), i'll have to look into toe, are we talking toe out or toe in?? and my mechanic did say he give me a little negitive camber. he said no more the .75 degrees. but that was applied to the stock setting so things could be skewed.
      Tie bars don't do a whole lot actually. They are one of the last things you should be spending money on.

For a first gen, a bit of toe out upfront helps turn-in. On the rear, zero is the most toe out I'd do. They just don't feel right when you start adding rear toe out.
      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
      -93 MR2, 129 ES
      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
        Tie bars don't do a whole lot actually. They are one of the last things you should be spending money on.
        hope you forgot your smiley at the end of that....

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
          hope you forgot your smiley at the end of that....
          They are a part that you should EVENTUALLY spend money on. But you cannot say that they are going to make the night and day difference that tires, springs, struts, or swaybars will make. They stiffen up the chassis, which is ALWAYS good, but they simply make whatever suspension you have work better, they don't themselves improve it.
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

i loved my tie bar. if you cant use your suspension why drive the setup??? the tie bar made a world of diiference in my car, but i have had it lowered, camber,(recent discovery), stiffer springs, new rubber, wider rims, bushings, and a front strut tower bar. all i have left is to upgrade my new rubber bushings to euethane, rear strut tower bar, and upgraded sways (thought i am a little heldback at a huge sway upgrade, i dont want to break ****)
            When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
            Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
            Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
            So his engine he goosed
            With much too much boost,
            And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
              if you take your car to the shop for alignment, will they ensure the toe and camber are proper? i dont know what they do when you get your alignment checekd.
              Yeah. Making sure the toe is correct is part of an alignment. Camber also, but if I'm not mistaken alot of cars the camber can't be adjusted.
              When you get an alignment, first of all they check ball joints, tie rod ends (inner and outerends) I think the upper strut mounts as well, I can't remember what else off hand but if any of those parts are worn beyond spec then they need to be replaced before the alignment can be done properly. If they do it without doing that then its basically a waste of money to have it aligned.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                They are a part that you should EVENTUALLY spend money on. But you cannot say that they are going to make the night and day difference that tires, springs, struts, or swaybars will make. They stiffen up the chassis, which is ALWAYS good, but they simply make whatever suspension you have work better, they don't themselves improve it.
                yes, that i can agree with, they are a complimentry part, but a very worthy one too. As they don't do a whole lot by themselves, but add the rest and they really start to be noticed.

Comment

I had the same problem , which is why I had to get rid of my 16's... aside from the rims being scraped and crap.

The inner portion of my tires were worn to hell. And I have had my car aligned at Sears, where they use the computer and then give or show you the print out. It was pretty annoying because the outer portion of the tire had like 65 to 70 % of the thread left. and the inner portion was showing the metal blades.

I honestly am starting to think that we have camber issues when are cars are dropped. People say it is the toe and I agree to an extent but I had my car alighned like 3 different times withing 5 months, and this still happened.

This is why I just got rid of them ..

Bruce
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                  X