Suspension Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me Next!!!!

my suspension does similar things, it sounds like a loose dust shield when i hit bumps.
    i had the spring compressor, but i didnt have the rubber isolators if thats what there called (rubber bushings on either side of the spring)
    but they werent there when i started.
    but then, i went from stock springs to eibach's
    would missing isolators cause a loose dustsheild sound?

PS, yes i checked loose bolts on the knuckle, strut tower, and checked for loose dust shield too.
    Last edited by 5l1mm; 06-28-2007, 03:21 PM.
    Next!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5l1mm View Post
      my suspension does similar things, it sounds like a loose dust shield when i hit bumps.
      i had the spring compressor, but i didnt have the rubber isolators if thats what there called (rubber bushings on either side of the spring)
      but they werent there when i started.
      but then, i went from stock springs to eibach's
      would missing isolators cause a loose dustsheild sound?

PS, yes i checked loose bolts on the knuckle, strut tower, and checked for loose dust shield too.
      yes it will I had the same issue with your old struts and the eibachs. alson withe the new setup I have "coil slap" where the rear dead coils hit each other over hard bumps
      "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
      -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
      *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
      172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
      New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Originally posted by MD323 View Post
        yes it will I had the same issue with your old struts and the eibachs. alson withe the new setup I have "coil slap" where the rear dead coils hit each other over hard bumps
        dead coils?
        Next!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 5l1mm View Post
          dead coils?
          Example
          "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
          -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
          *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
          172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
          New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

Working...
          X