Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to adjust e-brake/parking brake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to adjust e-brake/parking brake?

I'm just finishing the rear drums to disc swap on my MX-3, and are wondering what the best way to go around setting up the e-brake cable?

I've got the shop manual, and it's useless... I've searched many forums, there's just stuff about the lever sticking.

Right now I have no fluid in the lines, but the calipers are set to just touching and backed off 1/3 of a turn like the shop manual said.

Thanks in advance!

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
    Member of MX-3.com
    1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
    1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

When i installed my new calipers on my 93 i just loosened the one on the ebrake cable itself inside the car so it was just basically holding the cable just enough to adjust more later from the inside only once they wear in a bit and then the rear bolts that actually connect the cable to the lever like piece on the caliper i adjusted till it just spun freely essentially. I hope that makes sense. This way once they wear in a bit and you need to adjust you can just do it from inside the car and not have to play hide and dirty seek in the rear and such!

EDIT: If i recall correctly i made sure the rears were loose before i did the in cabin one and then did the rears.
    **SOLD** 93 EGT with more suspension mods then your average riced out civic's # of decals + useless "bling/style/culture" mods! **SOLD**
    95 EGT New beater! And gawd damnit shes NOT pink!

Comment

Working...
    X