Steering rack leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering rack leak?

Cant put it on a hoist till monday but i've started to loose power sterring fluid pretty fast. all the hoses look good no leaks there. but i look under the car and turned the wheel lock to lock and it seems to poor out during right turns more if its hard all the way right.. u think its just a seal or could there be a line on the rack cracked? just want some opinions. have been getting alot of snow and ice up there so who knows

nows the time to give up on powersteering all together... if you take the rack seals out. its actually almost just as easy as powersteering. taking the belt off or snipping the lines makes it harder then breakign it down & taking the seals out.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
      nows the time to give up on powersteering all together... if you take the rack seals out. its actually almost just as easy as powersteering. taking the belt off or snipping the lines makes it harder then breakign it down & taking the seals out.
      ok i got a mx-3 steering rack.... not the gs one. brand new should still bolt in right. might make it easier to depower that then just swap them later

Comment

that would work too
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

wheres that thread on the depowering?

Comment

nvm i found it after some searching and remembering about the DIY section haha i'm a little tired today

Comment

FIXED!!!! one on the smaller lines on the rack was leaking. so i replaced it. so with alot a swearing and now pain, it doesnt leak.

Comment

Working...
              X