Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full 323 / Protege LX/EGT brake upgrade.. is there exhisting threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full 323 / Protege LX/EGT brake upgrade.. is there exhisting threads?

i plan on taking the brakes off my LX and putting them on a 323, idk how, i know i want all 4 rotors, and all 4 calipers.... but idk how to do it, i'm gonna swap the rear subframe... but idk about like, the pedals, master cylinder, lines, and booster... is there a how to thread? advice would be great cause i'm gonna be doing an engine swap too at that time and i want to complete it as fast as i can.... borrowing the parents garage ftl kinda :/ thanks in advance...

john

rear brake swap is simple ... just unbolt the subframe from the body and undo the 4 bolts to the struts and 1 bolt for the trailing arms then undo the 2 brake lines where they meet the subframe, slide it out from the car and swap in the same way you took em out

as for the fronts, you need to undo the axle nuts. use a chisel or flathead screwdriver to unstake the nut and get the biggest breaker bar you can find to get it off , you want to undo the ball joints, tie rod ends, disconnect the brake lines and the 4 bolts ( each side ) for the spindle to strut and pull the whole spindle, caliper, rotor off in one shot. installation is again the reverse of what you did to take it off . as far as the proportioning valve you want to transfer that to the 323 as well altho some here say the difference in bias is negligible. pedals aren't necessary and the master and booster is the same as well.

Comment

its been recommended that you replace the proportioning valve from the LX to the 323 to get the full effect of the disc brakes!

Comment

does swapping the proportioning bar add more biast towards front or rear? if i decided to keep the 323 Front ones and just adding the rear.... i guess it wont take long to see if its front or rear bias, right now its hella front, i wish i knew where that valve was cause i have no clue atm...

Comment

where it is on the car? it's the little block where all the lines meet on the firewall behind the intake

Comment

oh cool... i'll proly do that soon i hope, the 323 has the SOHC, but it gets up to speed and has enough power to putt itself around, so having better brakes is always nice. I used to trail brake hella in that car, but not often at all. I definably could use more seat time.
            Last edited by Onehalfasia; 01-31-2011, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X