Rear camber plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear camber plates?

Are they out there, or am i either stuck with making my own or just using crash bolts and calling it a day?

I know Cusco and KSport make fronts...

It's really frustrating what we can and can't get for these cars.

search man, i've had f/r cuscos for years. they have 2 adjustable & non adjustable rears.
    all corksport & ask derrick about it. i don't have the part number on hand- you could likely find something via searching here tho too
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Oh my bad... for some reason i though there was only fronts.

Mods can delete thread.

Thanks!

Comment

no worries. did u find what you needed??
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
          no worries. did u find what you needed??
          Didn't find part numbers, but i found prices... kindof hurts, and i think i'll hold off on the rears until i finally decide exactly what i'm doing for suspension on this damn thing. The lack of performance strut options has got me in a bit of a bind. At least i know the rear plates are out there.

I've spent about an hour and a half this morning trying to see what people have done for struts on here... seems most have used KYB GR2s or S/Rs, or jumped to KSports.

I'm not psyched about either option, to be honest. I have good springs already, need good struts, and starting to run out of time, season starts in April and i've still got to put the car together.

Comment

rears are the same price as the fronts.....

Comment

Yeah, they're the same, but at this stage of the build, it's a bit easier to just swallow the price of the fronts instead of both in one shot, especially since the front is more important in an autox situation.

Comment

^ now that i dont believe all 4 corners are important

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                  ^ now that i dont believe all 4 corners are important
                  No argument here... but the front is more important in a FWD MacStrut car. The rear is pretty much just along for the ride.

I think what i was trying to say was that i could get "close enough" in the rear with crash bolts if i wanted to go that route as a band-aid until the rest of the car is dialed in.

I'm on a time crunch to get the car done, and at least another $2500 to spend before the start of the season. Anything that isn't "needed" at the moment, will probably be held off.

That said, i think i may have scored a nice deal on a complete suspension for the car, so i may end up getting the rears now anyways. :D

Comment

Remember that any 3rd Gen Protege coilovers will work on the BG chassis with only slight modification to the rear mounting points. I'm running AWR coilovers on mine.

AWR front camber plates:

Ground Control camber plates for a Neon modified to fit rear of BG Protege:

Comment

^Thanks man, i remember you saying that when i met you.

Anyways, i scored revalved Koni Yellows, GCs, and Cusco front plates, so i'll just order the Cusco rears and call it a day. This won't be a national-level car like yours. :D (I think.)

Comment

and where the hell did you score all of this???? pictures!!!!
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda_Powered View Post
                          and where the hell did you score all of this???? pictures!!!!
                          Pics will follow once arrived, in the build thread.

One of the shocks needs to be rebuilt, the spring rates on the GCs are a bit high for them. (650f/550r) I'll be replacing the springs with something a little softer. (But not TOO soft :evilgrin

I believe the seller may be on this board? There's not too many people actively autocrossing BG-chassis cars in an extremely dedicated manner.

But there's a thread on GRM that shouldn't be too hard to find that has some useful information as well.

Comment

Also, don't be afraid to modify the camber plates a little to gain some more movement if needed. My rear camber plates have been ground down near where the strut rod goes through the middle and machined a little to allow for another .5-1* of inboard movement. I've noticed that some rear camber plates don't move far enough to effect enough negative camber once the car has been lowered and the camber curve of the MacStruts rears it's ugly head.

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
                              Pics will follow once arrived, in the build thread.

One of the shocks needs to be rebuilt, the spring rates on the GCs are a bit high for them. (650f/550r) I'll be replacing the springs with something a little softer. (But not TOO soft :evilgrin

I believe the seller may be on this board? There's not too many people actively autocrossing BG-chassis cars in an extremely dedicated manner.

But there's a thread on GRM that shouldn't be too hard to find that has some useful information as well.
                              Good guess. Happy to find a good home for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X