strut mount question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut mount question

My 93 Protege is in desperate need of lowering. I have a set of Tokico blues and sprint lowering springs ready to go on it, but here's the rub. I don't want to cannibalize my complete stock suspension because it still rides great and I would like to swap it back for winter and trips to Michigan. What brand of upper strut mounts would you suggest and do they come with all the parts needed to complete the assembly?
    "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
    -John Stewart Mill

Click image for larger version

Name:	front_rear_suspension.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1230605

For the front, you'd still need thrust bearings, upper spring seats, rubber spring seats, boots, and nuts. Pretty much the same for the rears. I think I have a used set of most of that stuff (all oem parts). If you are interested, I'll go look for them.

--Ferdi
    If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
    -----
    Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
    Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
    Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

There is a local pick and pull that has 2 protégés that still have the struts on them. I 'm going to check them out later today but I will keep you in mind if that doesn't work out.
      "The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
      -John Stewart Mill

Comment

Working...
      X