No announcement yet.

zx2 eibach springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those part #s look familiar but I'd do a search to be sure. Darryl has posted them numerous times so you shouldn't have a problem finding them. Better yet, just ask for Theresa Valley when you call. She'll know exactly what you're looking for so you wouldn't have to worry about year/model/part #.
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

aren't the tokiko zx2 struts lifetime warranty?
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
        aren't the tokiko zx2 struts lifetime warranty?
        Not that I know of.
        '91 LX
        '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
        well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Weapon-R and ZX2's

I'm running the Weapon-R Circuit Pro coil overs on my 90 protege. Is there any reason why the ZX2 struts would not work? Other than I have much more than a 1" drop front and rear. Right now i just have the stock replacement struts I got from napa years ago. If the zx2's are a shorter strut, then should I be able to get my car a little lower?

Comment

so let's see, i'll need:
            - zx2 bumpstops (all 4)
            - zx2(or generic, but the more exact the fit, the better) dust boots (all 4)
            - zx2 front upper spring perches*

*i know i don't need them, but i would rather have the bearing and the perch match up than having to grind to match... me + grinder = bad

i'm going to call a local dealership on monday to at least price these things...
            if it's out of my range, then i'm calling a j\y...
            but that'd be a little difficult to dismantle all 4 strut assemblies on my lunch break
            justin
            Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
            installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

to install coilovers on the ZX2 struts, you need to trim down the little metal "hats" that go over the strut insert. I have ground-controls on some ZX2 struts on my MX-3, and the sleeves won't fit over these unless you shave them down some.

It isn't that big a deal, just takes a little time. You can pry them off also, but I didn't want the insert popping out all the time.
              93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
              02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
              05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Working...
              X