No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stainless braided clutch line. there only like $20 from corksport. and def worth it. plus they add to the under hood bling. also with the trans removed, its a really good time to replace your rear main seal of the motor. its like a $6 seal. but costs $500+ when you have to replace it. lol. id do it now since the trans will be out of the way, and u will have access to it. id also order some new axle seals from mazda. no reason to risk those when there so cheap to replace.
    ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
    ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
    What are you driving?

Comment

I was thinking about a stainless clutch line. Maintenance stuff would probably be a good idea too. Stupid me, it slipped my mind.

Okay, adding that stuff to the list. Anyone else? I also read that people seem to like Royal Purple Synchrmax.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I like it! I've used it in all my BGs so far Royal Purple rules lol.

I agree with getting new seals, might as well, right?

What about new shifter bushings?
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Oh yes, shifter bushings!! Can I get those from Corksport as well?

Comment

hows your radiator looking? since a lot of stuff is going to be out it might be easy to replace... i'm sure it looks fine though
            sigpic
            96 protege dx - gone :'(
            94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
            02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
            95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
            I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
            Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
            Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
            Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

I'm sure the radiator is fine because of the a/c in front of it. That's what would be most damaged, but I haven't had a/c in almost a year so it's okay, haha.

Comment

Okay, so I found the Bronze-Oil shifter bushings on Corksport in the 90-94 Protege section as well as a stainless clutch line. Also, found some stainless brake lines (4 wheel disc) for when that conversion time comes. Those will work for me right?
                Last edited by irishkev90; 03-03-2011, 07:41 AM.

Comment

F1 flywheel/clutch kit :D

There are no bolts to attatch the pressure plate to the flywheel. Where can I get some? Also, what about the flywheel to crankshaft? Can I reuse whatever is there or do I need new stuff?

Thanks for putting up with my questions, I'm new to the whole manual transmission scene, and swaps in general

Comment

The bushings and stainless line will work. As for bolts look in my swap thread, I have the specs in there. You can buy them at any harwqre store use grade 10 though. And you need different bolts for the flywheel to crank. Id get those from Mazda.
                    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                    VF10 powered!
                    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Dang, another trip to the dealership. Thanks man.

edit: Just looked through your thread, after 14 pages I finally spotted the beginnging of the transmission swap, haha. You said you used M8x1.00 18mm with a crush washer.

edit the second: Found some class 12.9 bolts, thread area is 18mm, 8mm diameter and 13mm diameter head. My dad has a crap load of washers in the garage so I'm sure I'll find something that works.
                      Last edited by irishkev90; 03-03-2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Hah, yeah it took a while. And it's a lock washer, Idk why I called it a crush washer.
                        -Steve

VF10 powered!
                        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

The thread pitch for those bolts I edited into my post is 1.25, the smallest bolt with a thread pitch of 1 is 20mm. Problem?

Comment

I believe the stock grade was 10. I used 8.9 without anything to complain about. I think I put how long they were in my thread. If not let me know, I bought a couple extra and can measure those
                            -Steve

VF10 powered!
                            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

I can get a different grade of bolt, but I can only find 6x1.00 or 8x1.25, no 8x1.00.

Comment

I'll tell you what, I'll go to my local bolt store and buy them and ship them to you for cost if you want
                                -Steve

VF10 powered!
                                262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                                13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Working...
                                X