No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, that's so kind of you sir. I'm going to raid the garage first to find something that fits, then see if I can find them at a store. If not, I might take your offer.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ok let me know tonight if possible
      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
      VF10 powered!
      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

make sure to use a torque wrench on those pressure plate bolts along with the flywheel also. its really easy to over torque the pressure plate ones.
        ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
        ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
        What are you driving?

Comment

Does anyone have torque specs? My Haynes manual doesn't have them.

Also, I may just get all this stuff from Mazda tomorrow. I'm going down to pick up the clutch fork boot. So my list of parts so far would be:
          axle seals
          rear main seal
          flywheel to crankshaft bolts
          pressure plate to flywheel bolts
          ...I feel like I'm missing something.

I'm also going to Advance to pick up my slave cylinder. I'll probably order the shifter bushings and stainless clutch line tomorrow as well. Heck, might as well throw in the stainless brake lines as well so I don't have to place two orders.

Comment

Chances are they will have to order those parts unless for some odd reason they stock them. And they should be able to give you torque specs too
            -Steve

VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

I kind of figured they'd have to order them. Which is fine with me since I'm not doing the swap until all the parts get here and the weather is nice instead of freezing cold. And I'll probably wait until the brake swap stuff gets here too so I can do that all at once. My garage is going to be crazy when that day comes, hahaha.

Comment

if i remember correctly the pressure plate to flywheel are like 26... i remember when i was putting them on i didn't think it was enough... but my clutch still works...

EDIT: found this online on some software i use at school, not really the best, i don't like this program and use another all the time, but here you go: (looks like flywheel bolts are 71-75 Ft/Lbs)
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bloodyspirit058; 03-03-2011, 11:38 PM.
                sigpic
                96 protege dx - gone :'(
                94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
                02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
                95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
                I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
                Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
                Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
                Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

one more thing, i some how was looking at a z5 for a 96, switched over to a 97 and found the pressure plate specs... 14-19 ft/lbs
                  sigpic

Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel

Comment

So 71-75.9 ft/lbs for the flywheel to crankshaft and 14-19 ft/lbs for the pressure plate to flywheel. Cool, thanks man. Also, I'll be reusing number 3 (end plate), correct? Are there any gaskets between the engine and transmission?

Comment

nope. theres no gasket. there's a metal plate. but thats usually the same between a mtx and atx car on most vehicles. not sure on the BP or not though. but id assume so
                      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                      What are you driving?

Comment

yep BP has the plate too
                        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Plate should be exacty the same.
                          -Steve

VF10 powered!
                          262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                          13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

My morning errands rewarded me with these.

The old clutch fork boot...

I kind of figured there wouldn't be a gasket since there's no fluid in there, but just thought I'd make sure.

Comment

nice, wish my morning started out like that
                              sigpic

Comment

Haha.

Well the axle seals and bolts and stuff should be here Tuesday, which means I'll be picking them up on Wednesday. Going to order the stainless lines and bushings from Corksport now.

Comment

Working...
                                X