Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good deal!!! i just ordered SS lines the other day through CS
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

My stuff has shipped! $172 total I think. Those brake lines were expensive.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I measured the bolts I used for the clutch pp to flywheel, the threaded portion is 3/4 inch long.
        -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
        VF10 powered!
        262 Whp & 257 Wtq
        13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Cool, thanks for measuring, but I ordered some through Mazda and they should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Comment

Hmmm, spinning my tires in the snow lately has made me think about something. An LSD! I know Phantom Grip is the cheap way to go, $400, but I've read that it's not really worth it. Corksport has the Quaife LSD for $1,400, but I've found one for about $950, about $1,060 with shipping. Any opinions on the two? Thanks guys.
            Last edited by irishkev90; 03-08-2011, 09:25 AM.

Comment

dunno if this is any help:
              Made to exacting specifications, this MAZDASPEED LSD should provide excellent traction control for your vehicle. Bolt and nut kit for type-g. Limited slip differential applications to protege and mx 3.

welded verstion:
              Made to exacting specifications, this MAZDASPEED LSD should provide excellent traction control for your vehicle. Bolt and nut kit for type-g. Limited slip differential applications to protege and mx 3.

EDIT: if you guys know anything about either of these i wanna hear it, cause in all of my noob knowledge i'm assuming these fit g-series tranny's and work fine... and i'm currently planning on buying one for a g-series swap when i get the money
              sigpic
              96 protege dx - gone :'(
              94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
              02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
              95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
              I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
              Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
              Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
              Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

Mfactory has a helical LSD for the G-series (28 spline) for $699.95 shipped. Thanks Chris for reminding me about Mfactory.

Also, this is a direct bolt-on correct? No need to cut or drill out rivets or anything?

Comment

More Genuine Mazda bits

Top left: Axle seals
                  Top right: Pressure plate washers
                  Center: Flywheel to crank bolts
                  Bottom left: Rear main seal
                  Bottom right: Pressure plate to flywheel bolts
                  Far right: Sketch book

Comment

Bling bits

What could this be I wonder quietly to myself...

Yay!

SS clutch line, SS brake lines, Bronze-oil shifter bushings

I noticed the other day (after placing my order for these) that there's a third shifter bushing that Corksport has. Should I get that one as well?

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                      Mfactory has a helical LSD for the G-series (28 spline) for $699.95 shipped. Thanks Chris for reminding me about Mfactory.

Also, this is a direct bolt-on correct? No need to cut or drill out rivets or anything?
                      just curious what the difference is between say this one and an oem g-series lsd like the ones i posted. not really familiar with fwd lsd's.
                      sigpic

Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel

Comment

Not sure what the difference is really. Maybe someone else can answer that. All I know is that the MFactory LSD has had good reviews and people seems to like them. I want to save as much money as I can, but I don't want to cheap out on myself either.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                          Not sure what the difference is really. Maybe someone else can answer that. All I know is that the MFactory LSD has had good reviews and people seems to like them. I want to save as much money as I can, but I don't want to cheap out on myself either.
                          exactly, thats why i asked, cause i'll eventually get one but i find that this one over here has no reviews but does this for this price and this one has reviews, but its also expensive but does a great job...

glad you brought this up though, cause i had never seen the mfactory ones before
                          sigpic

Comment

the Mfactory is based on the same type of design as a quaife unit. it is a torsion piece.
                            Absolutely amazing for daily driving/track use. Hands down better then a MSP LSD
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

new parts look great!

I'd replace the 3rd link bushing only if it has play in it, I never bothered to.
                              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it whenever I get one, sigh.

Comment

Working...
                                X