No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M-factory is the way to go! I love mine!

Comment

I can bet you it will have play. And don't bother with the corksport kit. Pm me for details.
      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
      VF10 powered!
      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Uh oh, I smell something super sneaky up your sleeve sir.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My LED "DRLs"

Picture taken less than an hour ago (early morning). The LEDs aren't bright enough to be seen during the day, though.

Comment

you get my PM?
            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
            VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
              My LED "DRLs"
              | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Yes, I did Ace, thank you. And tricksta, wtf was that all about?

Comment

Also, I'm looking into buying first house. Not sure how much of a damper it's going to put on the Protege, but hopefully not much. Just going to have to stop buying expensive/unneeded parts. Still need the the shift linkage, pedal assembly and master cylinder, though.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                    Yes, I did Ace, thank you. And tricksta, wtf was that all about?

takes away from the "jdm inspired look"
                    not too many protege's out there and you don't want to head into the riced out direction.

and to your fairly stock external appearance.. the led's stick out like a sore thumb
                    but to each their own.
                    | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

I'm getting rid of them anyway. They're not bright enough during the day. I'm going to cut up another pair of gatling gun shroud and put them in the inside-bottom corner of the headlights and make some real DRLs.

Comment

just my opinion, they may have looked better on the bottom along the bumper line instead of the smoother hood/lens line...

EDIT: can you take a closer pic?
                        Last edited by bloodyspirit058; 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM.
                        sigpic
                        96 protege dx - gone :'(
                        94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
                        02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
                        95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
                        I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
                        Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
                        Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
                        Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

I can take another pic in the morning. Anything specific?

Comment

just closer, more of a front view and maybe same angle just closer?

on a side note (and i'm kinda kidding) you could have done a dual line across the top, a single line down the outside, 1 line down the inside of the corner light, than a double line on the bottom of the corner light for a Z kinda look on the driver side...

also... drl's don't have to be bright, they are just a light to get noticed, your not supposed to be able to see anything with them, but as long as they grab attention for being a light that is turned on they have done their job

EDIT: thought of yet another thing! (now that finals are done i haven't been able to shut off my brain... it just keeps working and working) you could start in the top inside corner, come down at the same angle the grill is (so it looks like its kinda supposed to be there, than along the bottom... dunno just a thought
                            Last edited by bloodyspirit058; 03-16-2011, 07:23 PM.
                            sigpic

Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel

Comment

Well the way they are right now, there's two strips per headlights. And they go along the top and around the inside (grilled side) of the headlights. If that makes sense. And when I said they're not bright, I meant you can't see them during the day. The sun is just too bright to be able to see the LEDs unless your right in front of them.

Comment

makes since, digital cameras pick up inferred lighting way better than human eyes... by the pictures it looks like they would be plenty bright, even looking at the time of day the pic was taken
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X