No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you wanna get some crazy bright rings to go around your shroud.. invest in some ccfl rings. stupid bright. my friend had em on his is300

so dirrty!

| Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Nah, no halos for me. Every aftermarket headlight has them. I'm looking for being different. Here's some pics:

The light isn't actually blurry. I set it up so that the LEDs would make the edge of the lens "glow", instead of seeing the individual LED lights like everythingthing else out there. Also, in the first pic, you can see where I'm going to put the new shroud/DRL. The big void on the left, just looks like it needs something.
      (I really need to polish those lenses)

Comment

Back to some building related stuff.

5th gear swap!

Comment

I'll be texting you later. I have your box o parts in the truck and it will be ready to ship this weekend. Still need to box up that sb but that's not a big deal
          1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
          1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
          2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
          .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Cool.

Comment

i think i missed something for the gear swap, what was the previous ratio and whats the new one?
              sigpic
              96 protege dx - gone :'(
              94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
              02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
              95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
              I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
              Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
              Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
              Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

The new ratio is .717, not sure what the original ratio is, though. Turpro said in the sale thread that they drop the rpm by 400-500 and wheresthericego said it's like going from fifth to fifth and a half.
                Last edited by irishkev90; 04-11-2011, 07:10 AM.

Comment

A stock g series 5th sucks. 4k = ~80mph
                  -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                  VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Damn, the automatic is 4000 at 70/75 I think. I'll have to pay attention next time I'm street racing.

Haha, jk. No street racing here

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

dang, i know 4 cyl cars usually have a higher "highway" rpm, and since i don't have a tach in the pro i've never paid attention, but i know my ram and mustang both are about 2k in the 70-80 mph range

i have actually shifted out of 5th going down a highway in the pro thinking i was in 3rd or 4th (not paying attention to shifter location, just going to shift) and realized the second it came outa gear that it was already in 5th (that is with an f-series though)
                      sigpic

Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel

Comment

Checked it out today. 70mph is just over 3000rpm and 80mph is at 3,500rpm. This is an automatic 1.5L, of course.

Comment

well if you have a spare 3k to spend...

sigpic

Comment

No spare $3,000 here. Looking for a house so only required parts will be purchased from here on. No luxuries for a while.

Comment

Brake Stuffs

Driver's side.

Passenger's side.

The dust shield on the right got a little bent, but nothing that can't be straightened out.

E-brake cables and sway bar bushings are there as well. Also, everything has the ABS sensors and wires, my car doesn't have ABS, so it's useless to me, haha.
                              Last edited by irishkev90; 04-11-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

^ balljoints need a little TLC but everything else is in fair shape get it put on!
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X