No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pedal assembly should be here tomorrow. As well as a JVC bluetooth adapter for my headunit.

Comment

Crazy all out with the Pro, looking good.

Comment

bluetooth is awesome!!!! you'll enjoy that for sure
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thanks psi. And yeah I can't wait to get it in. I'm tired Of my aux cable just laying all over the place. If I could somehow get a spring or something to make it retract into the console it would be nice. But Bluetooth is the easier route, haha.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Comment

Okay, so... the Bluetooth thing doesn't work with my headunit, that's a shame. Oh well, something else to go up for sale when all my swap work is done.

Comment

FINALLY!!!!

MFactory in the house!!

Came with the ring gear bolts and also new diff bearings. I guess it's time to learn how to take apart a transmission, eek.

Also got a new brake master cylinder with an outlet for the clutch master cylinder.

There's a "P" above the bottom outlet and an "F" on the front outlet and nothing on the outlet on the other side. Do these markings mean anything important?

Comment

Is there a rebuild kit for this Kia transmission? I figured while I've got it apart for the diff swap I'd do a rebuild. It came out of a car with about 72,000 miles. Do I need to do a full rebuild with synchros and all? Or should I just worry about the gaskets for now? I want to do this right, and not half-assed, so please, let me know.

Comment

honestly, just put it back together & run GOOD QUALITY fluid. you'll be fine.

btw, glad to see the mfactory diff in house
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

You think so? I doubt this thing has been abused, but I figured since I'd have it apart then why not. But if it's not necessary then it could save a bunch of headache in the near future.

Comment

ive never seen a full rebuild kit. but you can get the synchros from mazda still. and most everything else. and there not horribly expensive.you can even get the GTX 3rd gear from mazda still. but thats a bit over $200 alone
                      ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
                      ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
                      What are you driving?

Comment

Well, that's good.

I do have a question about the MFactory diff bolts, though. They seem short. I haven't gotten all the rivets out of the ring gear yet, but slipping a bolt through one of the holes only gives maybe an eigth of an inch to thread into the diff. That doesn't seem like much. Shouldn't they be a bit longer?

Comment

the ring gear is recessed over the diff. so that might be your confusion.

Comment

So the part of the stock diff that holds it to the ring gear is actually thicker than what you can see?

Also, the connector for the reverse sensor has too two pins jumped together already. Did it come like that, or did someone else jump the wires?

Also go this on Friday

It's obviously just sitting there. Needs to be repainted along with the trunk lid. The clearcoat on the trunk is peeling like a bad sunburn. And the spoiler looks like it used to be silver, but was painted white while still on the car.

Comment

I've only ever seen the pins jumped
                              sigpic
                              96 protege dx - gone :'(
                              94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
                              02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
                              95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
                              I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
                              Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
                              Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
                              Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

It looks like stock wiring, but figured I'd ask anyway. I wonder why they did that.

Comment

Working...
                                X