No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to have him take the front and rear bumpers off? Just for safety when loading and unloading.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Have you asked pics of the engine bay? Just curious to see what upgrades there are myself

Comment

The rear bumper is stock, but he does have the JDM rear skirt thing, just not on the car. I told Stateway about the mods and it being lowered and they said some 2x4s should help with loading and unloading. I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge deal to take the bumper off if needed, though.

As for the engine bay, it's a fairly stock Z5 bay. Painted valve cover, some blue plug wires and cable cover things, and some aftermarket short intake. He does have a front strutbar, but I'm going to swap my Mazdaspeed one on when it gets here.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Best shot of the engine bay I could find.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1371227778226.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	1236800

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Oh, forgot to say earlier, I called up Stateway and they'll have the car picked up within five days. Another few days after that and it's mine

Comment

aw man, I thought it was BP, oh well. Still a pretty sweet 2nd gen.
              -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
              VF10 powered!
              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

I thought it was too lol, either way it'll be a sexy cruiser
                -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Yeah, just an LX. BP would have been nice, but I'm sure the engine will feel hugely different compared to my old, leaky Z5, haha. It's also automatic, but I've got that Kia trans with an MFactory diff I'll swap in over winter along with the ES brakes I got from Chris a few years ago.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Deep cleaned the seats and some of the carpet. In the process of figuring out how to make some new sun visors. The passenger side mirror flap is torn almost all the way off (damn exgirlfriend). Been wanting to do some custom interior stuff anyway.

Comment

Yeah I hate the stock sun visors. Cheap, ugly, and doesn't even have mirrors. I'm wondering how easy it would be to replace the shift boot with a leather mx3 boot. I might have to do some experimenting of my own

Comment

My LX visors have mirrors. Got some from a junkyard to replace the torn passenger visor and when I got home I realized there were no mirrors so that idea was put to bed real quick, haha.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Originally posted by Foofighter8008 View Post
                          Yeah I hate the stock sun visors. Cheap, ugly, and doesn't even have mirrors. I'm wondering how easy it would be to replace the shift boot with a leather mx3 boot. I might have to do some experimenting of my own

20 min job

Comment

^ Yeah I guess the hardest part is finding one

Comment

Replaced the A/C compressor and filter with units from Advance. Waiting to get the system charged and told there's now a leak. I'm having them find the leak now so I know where to start.

I hate this ****ing car right now. The A/C system is just looking like a heap of scrap metal at this point.

HTC Droid DNA

Edit: Just ordered some new o-rings from Jim Ellis Mazda.

Also, a little light of hope in an otherwise horrible start to my day, Stateway says their driver is in the Fort Worth area and the car should be picked up today. Good thing because the seller is leaving for a vacation tomorrow. The car should be delivered by next Tuesday and I should be getting the title in the mail this week.
                              Last edited by irishkev90; 06-18-2013, 10:05 AM.

Comment

The car was picked up earlier today and is on the way to its new home

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Working...
                                X