No announcement yet.

Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely go over over that car with a fine tooth comb now. Sounds like a bunch of bs.
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I will if I'm there. If not, my dad will.

I called the guy before I left for work (he was supposed to call me, but never did), he said his truck was being fixed and he "should" be able to deliver it between 8:00-9:00 tonight. I'm going to be at work if he does arrive around then, so I'll have to have my parents check everything over. If it's on a different trailer than it was originally loaded on, I'm going to be pissed.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Just got a voicemail from the guy saying he'll be here around 9:00. I'll be at work so I'll have to have my dad check over the car and mark down any small bit of damage not listed on the preload report.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Now his truck stalled out and he's waiting on a sensor to get it fixed. I told him any time tonight would be fine for delivery. I don't care if it's 2:00 in the morning, if he can get the car up here I'm taking it.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Wow... Hopefully your luck is bound to turn around soon.

Comment

Thanks, I hope so too. Still waiting on an update from him. If I don't get anything from him by the time I get home I'll call him.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

BBB helps consumers and businesses in the United States and Canada. Find trusted BBB Accredited Businesses. Get BBB Accredited. File a complaint, leave a review, report a scam.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Well, car won't be here tonight

Says he won't know when he can get his truck fixed and he's basically on the border between New York and New Jersey. I already told him if I have to come down there with a car carrier/dolly I will. I also called Stateway and told them the same thing as well as deducting money from what I owe them. Today was the original "estimated" delivery date, so I can't really do anything about a concrete delivery date, but if it's not here by friday I'll be contacting my lawyer to see what options I have. This is bull**** and Stateway should NEVER have hired Ground Force One to transport MY car if they "own their own trucks."

This is twice in a row the car was promised to be here by 10:00 pm and both time his truck "broke down" a couple hours before delivery time. Adam Levine at Stateway was great to talk to and very helpful, which made me feel a little less worried and stressed about the whole process. Now I am livid over this whole situation.

I can't even think or function straight now, so before I start threatening innocent members, I'm going to try to get some sleep.

Comment

go get it. and then file a lawsuit or claim
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

After giving myself some time to cool down, I was able to compile a list of recent reviews of Ground Force One and send a nice long email to Adam Levine of Stateway Auto Transport. Here's what I sent him:

Hello Adam,

I already left you a voicemail message, but wanted to follow up with an email expressing my concerns about the transport of my 1997 Mazda Protege, order number 967215.

First, the estimated delivery of my vehicle was for today and it didn't show. I would like to know where my car is and if it will arrive by Friday afternoon.

Second, according to the "Why Trust US?" section of www.statewayauto.com you "...are a carrier, which means that we have insurance coverage and own our own trucks."

If this is true, then why was my car handed over to Ground Force One for transport?

Also, the driver ("Peter") that currently has my car (I hope) said that another driver brought it to him and that he ("Peter") was to bring it the rest of the way here. I was never contacted by either Stateway or Ground Force One about multiple drivers being involved. This multiplies the chances of something going wrong with the transport and MY car getting damaged.

Third, have you seen the most recent reviews for Ground Force One on www.transportreviews.com?

Between December 20, 2012 and June 23, 2013 there have been six (6) zero-star reviews. I have a few excerpts from those reviews for you.

12/20/12: Truck broke down and delayed delivery, never contacted customer, customer had to constantly call Ground Force One for information, the car was damaged and poorly repaired without the customer being told.

5/6/13 "No show" on scheduled and rescheduled pick-up dates, "mechanical problems with truck."

5/8/13: Customer waited two weeks without vehicle being picked up, "constant stories about broken down trucks."

6/11/13: Took payment and will not refund, "holding vehicle hostage." makes excuses why he can't deliver.

6/14/13: Thirteen days without vehicle movement, customer obtained refund, Jeff/Samarra took refund back from customer.

6/23/13: "They lie, they threaten, and they bully," "repetitive failed promises."

The common denominator here is truck breakdowns. As is the case with my order. I was told it would be here Monday night (6/24/13) between 9:30 and 10:00 pm. Around 8:30 pm "Peter" called and said his truck broke down and he'd have to turn around to have it fixed. I was told again today (6/25/13) that he would have it here between 8:00 and 9:00 pm. By the time 7:30 came around, his truck broke down again and will have to turn around again to have it fixed. See the problem here? I'm being given the runaround just like the six customers who reviewed Ground Force One.

It also says that Ground Force One is "unfortunately out of business" on www.transportreviews.com and they have no website.

My main concern with Stateway Auto Transport is that you claim to be a carrier, but instead acted as a broker for my order and pawned my car off to the lowest bidder. I would like to talk to you and/or your manager/supervisor about my concerns and what can be done to rectify these inconveniences. A refund would be a good start.

And if MY car isn't here by Friday afternoon, I will pick it up myself with a tow dolly or auto transport trailer and refuse payment for the inconvenience as well as contact my lawyer to see what options are available to me should the car not be here on or before Friday.

Thank you,
                      Kevin.

I tried not to be too threatening yet still get my point across that I won't be pushed around over this matter. I've spent too much of my life simply accepting things as they come and it has never worked out in my favor. It's time I change that. I am taking a stand against this ridiculous situation and won't stop until I am 100% content with the outcome. It's not about whether my car gets here tomorrow or not anymore, it's about the lies, misconceptions, and misleadings done by Stateway and Ground Force One.

I will be sending a similar complaint to Ground Force One either by email or phone call.
                      Last edited by irishkev90; 06-26-2013, 01:23 AM.

Comment

This makes me never want to deal with a transportation company period good luck bro
                        sigpic

Comment

call your creditcard company & ask for the money back. go get the car yourself. file a lawsuit for any damages to the car

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6505_411811448932690_1120448039_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1236861

Name:	942072_411811525599349_41123437_n.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1236862

Name:	988231_411811488932686_870149735_n.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1236863

Doesn't appear to be any damage to the car that wasn't already listed on the Bill of Lading when the car was picked up. And if you pay attention, you'll notice that it is not on the trailer it was originally picked up on. I had the driver email me these photos so I could make sure my car was still in one piece. I got a text from the driver at 8:40 am saying it will be towed to Newark, NJ to have his truck fixed. I asked for these photos at 10:40 am. So unless he knew in advance that I was going to want pictures, he's been sitting there for two hours waiting to be towed. Not to mention that he broke down last night and as far as I know hasn't moved from where he broke down.

I got a call from a lady at Stateway and she tried to explain everything. Trucks break down and get flat tires, blah blah blah. When I asked why Ground Force One had my car instead of Stateway she said that they partner with other carrier companies. When I mentioned the poor reviews (she obviously didn't read my entire email), she said she had never seen them before and didn't know why Ground Force One was listed as "unfortunately out of business" on transportreviews.com. She said a discount would be applied if I had to pick the car up myself, otherwise it's full price. Umm, no.

Tried calling the number Ground Force One has listed on transportreviews.com and of course it's out of service. Thankfully the number I was given by Stateway to track my car does work, but the guy said he had no idea what shop the truck was being brought to. Great driver/dispatch communication guys, keep it up. The driver said it's going to Baltic Auto Shippers in Newark, NJ. The only Baltic Auto shipper I could find was in Elizabeth, NJ so I tried calling them and "all circuits are busy." Tried calling back a few minutes later and was told the number is no longer in service.

Like I said, it's not so much about the delayed delivery as it is the mistrust that's building between me and these companies. And I don't think the lady at Stateway realizes that those bad reviews for Ground Force One also impact Stateway's reputation since they partner with Ground Force One "all the time."
                            Last edited by irishkev90; 06-26-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

The car is not even on a semi anymore. Also, did you receive the car yet or are these pictures that they sent you?
                              Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                              "Who Dey"

Comment

look at the truck hauling them...... no wonder its always breaking down.

Comment

Working...
                                X