Kev's '98 Protege Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^My thoughts exactly.

I had the driver email these to me this morning. He seems to be straddling the New Jersey-New York border.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

But thats how they try and get you, i'm pretty sure that everyone is under the impression that it is going to be shipped by semi, then they change up on you without knowing and put it on a truck that isn't even a semi and shouldn't experience the same problems that a semi would.
      Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
      "Who Dey"

Comment

I don't care that they switched trucks/trailers too much (I do care that it increases the chances of damage, though). I just wish I had been told about all this ahead of time. Not to mention how freaked out I was after I looked up Ground Force One's reviews. I didn't want to become another victim. I gave them until Friday, if it's not here I'm picking it up myself. My dad has a truck and one of his friends has a car trailer we can use.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

What's new?

Comment

Well, my dad is involved now. He's been in the automotive business for almost 35 years. I don't think he's ever dealt with shipping a car anywhere, but he's more patient than I am and knows how to deal with people better (he's president of Verifacts Automotive).

Anyway, I got a text from the driver on Thursday morning saying he won't be able to bring it up until next week because his truck is still broken and he has to go to Canada for something using his personal car while his truck gets fixed. I was ready to call off work, grab a trailer and head down to get it myself that same day. This is where my father comes in. Told him everything and he got Stateway and Ground Force One on the phone. Jeff from Ground Force One promised that if the current driver can't get his truck fixed by Monday, that they'll send another driver and the car will be here no later than Tuesday. If it's not here, we go pick it up (I hope). I'm tired of giving these guys chances.

I've just been trying not to think about it lately. Been trying to get in some overtime at work to keep my mind off this whole cluster**** as well as squeeze a few more bucks into my paycheck that I desperately need.

I'll hopefully have an update for you guys on Monday, but definitely by Tuesday. What type of attitude that update will be written in is yet to be determined.

Comment

im tellin ya. just go pick it up yourself. and call the credit card company for your money back.
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Trust me, if I had a truck of my own, I'd already have the car here. But since I'd have to borrow my dad's truck which he uses every day, I don't have the luxury of doing so. I won't be surprised if they come up with some other excuse Tuesday morning saying they can't deliver it again. I'm 80% sure we'll have to pick it up ourselves.

Comment

Id ask for a discount. In the trucking industry consignees (you) can get money back because they are late. Its like a penelty. Its bs you've been waiting this long.
                  1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                  1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                  2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                  2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                  .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

wow. what ****ing scum. I'd DEMAND a hefty discount.
                    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                    VF10 powered!
                    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Not related, but as if I didn't have enough **** to deal with right now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1372631521709.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1236897

I had just repainted those wiper arms, too. Just glad it was this car and not the new one.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

egged?
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yup.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

It happened sometime between 10:00 last night when I got back from a drive and 2:00 this afternoon.

Comment

A holes they got me twice in one week when i had my scion
                              sigpic

Comment

Just wish I knew who did it.

Found three dollars in the parking lot at Panera after I got the egg cleaned off, though. Maybe my luck is slowly turning around?

Comment

Working...
                                X