No announcement yet.

Kev's JDM 1997 Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. I would never have the patience for that. Sandblasting calipers is tedious enough.

Have you made any progress with the lighting?
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Not yet. I've checked virtually every store in my area and no one has any normally closed. I'll have to order some. I'll definitely let you know how it all works out, though.

Comment

Took it up to 5,000 rpm today. Haven't been over 4,000 since I got it. Might be time for a good ringing out on the highway this weekend with some kind of fuel system cleaner in the tank.

Also got an email from AWR about the delay of getting my sway bar. They need to make more aluminum stand-off subframe brackets. I'm assuming a few more days for this before it gets shipped out, but there was no estimate given.

And my SEMA registration is pending, though my father said everything was fine and I only owe him $7.50 for airfare.
        Last edited by irishkev90; 10-08-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Since I'm going to SEMA his year my dad asked if I wanted to use his fancy pants Canon EOS camera or just use my cell phone (which takes pretty decent photos, it's what I use for all the photos I upload). Took a few comparison shots with both and the Canon takes much cleaner shots. I'd like to play around with the other lenses he's got, too.

HTC Droid DNA
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0916.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	370.7 KB
ID:	1237687

Canon EOS

Name:	IMG_2851.jpg
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	1237688

Edit: Also, the AWR sway bar should be here Friday. Just in time for the weekend
          Last edited by irishkev90; 10-13-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Voila!

Name:	1383434_464798186967349_493709372_n.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1237709

The aluminum mount stand-offs are backordered so I'll have to wait for them to get more and ship them out before I can install Oh well, bedroom jewelry for a while.

Comment

thats a fancy bar!!!
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Indeed!

Comment

Getting a P0420 code. Meh!

Comment

The P0420 code came back. I'll take care of that soon.

Started the car a few minutes ago and it's making a weird ticking noise I haven't heard before. Wasn't doing it last night after work. Seems to run fine, but took my mom's car because I wasn't comfortable with that noise. Sounds like it's coming from the passenger side of the engine. Took a video, I'll post when I get back home.

HTC Droid DNA

Edit: Here's the video. Anyone ever heard this before? Just checked the oil and it's full. Brown, but not black.
                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Also uploaded it to the Clubprotege Facebook page.
                    Last edited by irishkev90; 11-01-2013, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Wow, congratulations, great mazda !!!

I like the modifications.

I need this clean headlights !!!!! x)

Comment

Well, time to tear into it to see what the problem is. Wish the Haynes manual had better instructions/illustrations for the Z5, but I'll just take my time, I guess.

Comment

Nice project man!

Have you noticed any gain with your custom ram-air?

Comment

Haven't finished it yet. I need a lower profile filter. The current one I based it on is two inches tall and once I stalled won't let the hood shut. K&N has a one inch tall filter that should work, but haven't ordered it yet.

I've been spending most of my time getting the '98 ready for winter duty so my projects with that have been put on hold.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Just got back from Las Vegas last night. Glad to say there's no "Hangover" story. Went to check on the car just a few minute ago and it's not making that ticking sound anymore. I let it idle up to operating temp, stuck a screwdriver on various parts of the engine, nothing out of the ordinary. There's the usual injector tick and some very light valve tick, but nothing coming from the timing cover area like before. Revved it up a few times, held it at 3,000 rpms for a few seconds, nothing bad happened and ran smoothly. Well, smoothly for what I'm used to. I'll run some fuel system cleaner through it, oil still looks good, clean the MAF.

It does tend to hang on for a second or two when I let off the gas instead of going straight to engine braking. I might have to adjust the throttle body a little to get rid of any play or sticking that might be causing that. It's kind of annoying, especially during spirited driving runs.

Comment

I really wish AWR would get me the stand-off brackets for their sway bar I ordered last month. They said if they can't get me any they'll send me a used set, but I don't know, we'll see.

Got to take a pretty sharp, almost 180* turn tonight after work. The car still has crazy understeer, so I can't wait to get this new bar on and tighten everything up back there.

Comment

Working...
                                X