No announcement yet.

Kev's JDM 1997 Protege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a little bit of fiberglassing done. I'll pop it from the mold tomorrow morning and see how my first fiberglass project went.

While that was curing, I vacuumed the car and deep cleaned to floor mats. They didn't look too bad at first, but the crap that came out of them was surprising. There's a big red stain on the front passenger mat that I couldn't get out, though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375053838486.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1237088

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375053861484.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1237089

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375053887763.jpg
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1237090

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Got board and busted the cardboard mold. Here's what I've got so far. Just need to glass the MAF cup and join the two together.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375061218670.jpg
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1237091

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

should bring the mats to the car wash, cleans them right up!
        -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
        http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Maybe, haha. Or a better deep cleaner. The one I have was only $70 from Walmart. Works pretty well, though.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

you should apply cleaner to the mat, then use a white wash cloth and iron over the spot. Thats how you remove red stains from the carpet.
            Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
            "Who Dey"

Comment

I might try that this weekend. What kind of cleaner would you suggest? I've got that pretreat stuff for the deep cleaner, but I'm not sure if that would work.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

any carpet cleaner. Just spray the spot liberally and let it sit in and then put the clean white wash cloth over it and iron it. Make sure you don't burn the cloth.
                Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
                "Who Dey"

Comment

I'll try it.

In other news, the PO got the paperwork and will send it back tomorrow.
                  Last edited by irishkev90; 07-30-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

What do you guys think about the stickers on the car? I'm leaning towards removing the ones in the rear window as well as the red "Mazdaspeed" on the top of the spoiler because it's a bit faded and looks like it's ready to peel up soon anyway. I might keep the "Mazda Racing" stickers on the fenders and remove the one above the exhaust on the rear bumper. The rear bumper needs some cosmetic work and I think that sticker would have to be removed anyway. Not sure about the white "Mazdaspeed" along the right side of the hood. Might keep it, might not, we'll see. Just wondering what your opinions are.

Oh, nd the paperwork should be back to me by Wednesday so I'll hopefully be able to drive it by next weekend. Damn, I need to get to work on that intake....

Comment

remove all decals and add a Clubprotege one
                      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

I think if you're gonna have Mazdaspeed stickers on every panel of the car, it better be fast, otherwise it's false advertising. On a side not, get prepared to have random people wanting to drag race you all the time. When I was 16, I thought it would be cool to put a few TRD stickers on my MR2, but I would have a couple of random people every week wanting to drag race me. It gets annoying real quick
                        Last edited by Foofighter8008; 08-03-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Not too worried about the "racers" around here. I know what my car is and whether or not I'd have a chance against someone else. I wouldn't race anyway.

A CP sticker will probably be put in the window at some point. And I am considering taking all the stickers off. I feel a nice shiny paint job is better to show off than a few stickers.

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Well, no work got done so far this weekend. I had overtime yesterday morning and another family cookout after that. Today I helped my parents tear down the fence around the pool and pull up the pavers they put around it as well. Then I built them a fire pit out of some of the pavers.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375655270925.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1237130

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

fireplace looks nice!
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Thank you. It works quite well.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375661484111.jpg
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1237137

HTC Droid DNA

Comment

Working...
                                X