Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my engine died one day and wont start again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my engine died one day and wont start again.

ok im not getting any spark. the things i have checked and deemed acceptable by comparing them to the specifications in the service manual are:
    1. crank angle sensor
    2. plugs
    3. wires
    4. cap
    5. rotor
    6. coil

so where do i go next? replace the distro and pcm? those are expensive as hell and i would rather not but i am running out of options here.

anyone in palm beach area want to try my distro and pcm for me on youre car?
    find it, **** it, forget it

what do you mean by the connector going to the coil? there is no connector going to the coil for which i can hook up a test light. there is however, the 2 coil hookups inside the dizzy which i did try with a test light, and one stays on when the engines off, but turns off when cranking. one stays on when the engines off, and stays on when cranking.

for what its worth i tested the coils primary and secondary resistance values against the service manual, and it speced out OK.

Comment

well theres 7 wires on the dizzy connector, for the coil, tacho, power, the cam angle sensor and 2 grounds.

Comment

ok i went to the boneyard and got a new computer. this fixed the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
          what are the wiring designations on the disty connector?
          It's the same as a 95/96 BP...
          I don't have my FSM with me, so can't check it.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
          X