No announcement yet.

ECU question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so let me get this straight, i just need to swap the ecu along with the wire
    harness from the 1st gen to my 2nd gen?
    Mike A.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbashane
      ok so let me get this straight, i just need to swap the ecu along with the wire
      harness from the 1st gen to my 2nd gen?
      yes

Comment

Originally posted by JZProwler
        The motor i'm looking out (from the kia) comes with a complete wiring harness, would i just be able to pretty much plug it in and go, or would the kia harness not match up
        dude use your head...

if the kia harness plugs into the KIA ECM
        and the kia ecm DOESN'T work w/ 95-98 proteg's, then do you think it'll still be a "pretty much plug it in and go" situation?

the answer, just in case... is "NO!".
        Almost there

jdm tails... check
        jdm bumper... check
        ms lip... check
        ms grill... check
        ms sideskirts... check
        ms rear skirts... check
        ms spoiler... check
        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

sorry about the stupid question. im fairly new to all of this computer controlled stuff, and im still learning alot, for some reason i thought that the engine harness didnt plug into the ECU. anyways, thanks for the help, this wont be happening til a while down the road, but i want to know everything i need to when the time comes

Mods:
          JDM Headlights + Corners
          JDM Tailights
          1st Gen LX Black Wheels
          Shaved Side Mouldings
          Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
          Cone Filter
          KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
          E-Bay front strut bar
          Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
          40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
          and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

I think the Kia ECU would work, especially if you are using the Kia wiring harness.

To be certain you would need a wiring diagram from both Mazda and Kia. Until then it's pretty much just speculation.

As for putting a 92 BP into a second gen, you can do it. The only problem would be the lack of EGR. You will also need a second gen BP throttle body and TPS sensor as those are different. You will need to transfer over all the sensors from your existing engine.

The 92 LX also has 8.8:1 compression instead of the second gen's 9.0:1.

A first gen engine harness will be a real big pain to mate with a second gen dash harness. If you have patience and a wiring diagram you can do it, but I don't recommend it.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

ok, so i have a 91 dx body. will i still need to change the ecu and everything to put
              a bp in it???
              Mike A.

Comment

Working...
              X