This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blowing oil

I believe i own a second gen on its last breath. what a shame. i believe she is blowing oil. because there is lil oil speckletts on the back bumper. Any comments? what could be the problem causing her to blow oil down the tail pipe
    Last edited by wheresthericego; 04-20-2005, 06:25 PM. Reason: typo
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

bad valve seals or bad piston rings or a combination of both...

how many kilometers on your car?
    how many did it have when you bought it?
    did the previous owner have maint. records?
    and did you do oil changes on time and allow sufficient warm up time on cold startups?

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
      bad valve seals or bad piston rings or a combination of both...

how many kilometers on your car?
      how many did it have when you bought it?
      did the previous owner have maint. records?
      and did you do oil changes on time and allow sufficient warm up time on cold startups?

now it has 173,500 Mi which converts to 279,221 Km
      It had 132,300 Mi which is 212,916 Km when i bought it
      I am the third owner. the second owner kept records and seems to kept the car in good condition. (I.E. kept up with preventive maint)
      Oil changes were performed in a very timely manner roughly 2800-2900 Mi (4600-4700 Km)
      Most of the time i allowed warming time for the engine on a cold start.

Damn... I hope it is the valves. If It is the piston rings then i will trade in the car: as soon as i clean the back bumper. Or maybe i will have to find a BP to put in it.

Anyone else have any ideas?
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

that is reasonably high kilometers...
        i'll be honest with you, i wouldnt bother fixing it at all

it'll probably last just fine to 300,000 kms and then you'll probably start running into other problems
        aside from oil/coolant changes, dont put any money into that motor and either do an engine swap to a BP, swap to a new Z5 if you dont want to touch wiring, or trade the car in and get something else

But for a Z5, thats a pretty long life you have there
        Mine needs its third cylinder head rebuild and it has 150,000 kms

Comment

Working...
        X