Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck BPT-R

undefined

I own a '95 Protege LX 5 speed with a 16 valve BPT engine swap. Greddy Type S B.O.V. HKS F.M.I. and some more goodies. The big problem is that my stock clutch got ****ed up and now I dont know what aftermarket clutch I should buy. I bought two different kits but either they fit the spindle and not the flywheel or vice versa. I know the transmission code is F5D2 but its like the only **** that I have bought that actually fits is the Pilot Bearing. I need some help because I want my baby on the streets of Miami again soon. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

I'm going to take some pics to put on here so you guys can check it out.

Comment

i am not familiar with that transmission... what car model and year did it come out of?

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
          i am not familiar with that transmission... what car model and year did it come out of?
          F25m-r
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

F25MR is mine and your transmission.. he named some weird ass one

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
              if it says "F5" then you have the F25M-R... just like I thought
              the other numbers are illrelevant, they're just date codes and version numbers and such
              One search is worth a thousand... blah.. :p:

Comment

Originally posted by hashirya19
                I bought two different kits but either they fit the spindle and not the flywheel or vice versa.
                What car were those kits for?

Comment

WOW you both totally schooled me!
                  hahahaha
                  my bad...

if thats the case and he's got the F25, that means he'd be using the F series flywheel... which means that any clutch that fits a 95-98 Z5 will work, or any clutch that fits a 96-98 BP would work...

it is 4:28 am right now... and im studying accounting and drank way too much redbull and coffee
                  does what i said make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                    One search is worth a thousand... blah.. :p:

http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7032
                    Yeah, as soon as I saw f5d2 I just typed that in the search corner and came up with that thread too.
                    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I found the thread on google.

Comment

lmfao many different ways of finding what you're looking for, everything seems to lead back to here.
                        proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

so what clutch am i supposed to use on my tranny? I know the engine is a BPT-r engine. the tranny code is F5D2. like he said F25. should i change the flywheel also? If I do, should I just get the flywheel for the U.S. 2nd Gen Protege with the clutch?

Comment

Intruder, those kits were for the 323 turbo

Comment

Pigeon, I understand what you mean but lets say I go to daikin-clutch.com (exedy), what exactly am I supposed to find the kit for? I dont want to keep bothering you guys but its that its been like 5 months my protege has'nt been on the road and I've wasted alot of money on the wrong kits, I really dont want to go through that **** again. Isnt there anyone with a BPT powered Protege that has bought an aftermarket clutch or has some knowledge on what exactly I'm supposed to buy?

Comment

Working...
                              X