engine swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine swap!

my neighbor got another pro today (he buys and sells cars like crazy)

if it has the 1.8L i might make a deal and get a swap on!

weeeeeeeee

why swap if its already in the other car? mileage, damage, too attached to your car? Just seems more logical.
    95 ES
    05 S60R

Comment

too attatched to my car...plus I've got my interior done and painted and stuff, don't want to go through with that again, and I know everything else is right on my car.

Comment

hmm, sounds easier to swap interior parts than the whole engine.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
        Mods:
        DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

yea, i guess... i'm not even sure if it is a 1.8 yet tho, he isn't home right now... if not I know he can get me one fairly cheap... he goes to dealer only car auctions, he gets cars for 50 bucks... goes to a junkyard buys the parts he needs and sells them, he'll put about 1k into a car and turn it into 3k real quick... so even if it isn't, i'm sure he could get me one real cheap, he's a family friend and he wouldn't charge me that much since he'd prolly throw the 1.5 into another car and sell that. ya know?

Comment

You could go over and see if its an ES yourself. if he finds an ES tell him i need one as well.

Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

the ES is the only one with the 1.8 liter? i thought the other model the dx had it as well? or am i mistaken?

Comment

yeah most certainly are. the DX is the base model.

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                X