Clutch pedal sticking to the floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch pedal sticking to the floor

Hey Guys, i'm currently in the process of doing my BP swap. I came accross a few problems that may not be too severe and possible replacements.

First off, the clutch Pedal has no resistance at all and I can push it to the floor. It doesn't pop back up like normal clutch pedals so I am a bit confused. I have talked to a few people on their insights. My car used to grind gears badly anytime i put it in first gear, and it started in 2nd gear. So I bought another transmission incase it was the Synchos. But seeing as how the clutch pedal doesnt' want to act right, could it possibly be the clutch slave cylinder? I have been thinking that maybe the cause. I'm going to pick one up from Advance either way. Anyone have any other suggestions? We filled the brake resourvoir with full synthetic gear oil that was specified. My friend tried bleeding the clutch but everytime he did it, the clutch pedal got stiff and it was hard to push it in, then when I did, it seemed to go back to no resistance. I was told the possibility could be the clutch fork? Isn't it made out of steeL? When we put the transmission in, it looked like it was in good condition.

And 2nd of all, it seems like my motor isn't receiving the required fuel. When we put starter fluid in the intake manifold, the car started right up. So we know its a problem with fuel delivery. We pulled the feed lien to the fuel rail and very little fuel was coming out. It didn't have any pressure behind it. I was told to try and change the fuel filter which I'm going to try and do although the motor is in the car lol. Also, I was advised the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump itself. Any other suggestions that I might be able to look at in the morning?

Again, thank you all for those who helped me and for those willing to help.

BTW. Because the car started when putting the starter fluid in the intake and its turning over, it means the clutch is engaged. So I'm hoping I dont have any problems with the clutch kit because taking it back out would be hell.
    Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

bump!

Comment

Did you change the slave cylinder yet? This is strange. You say you started the engine so that means the clutch is leaving the surface of the flywheel at least enough to let the engine turn.

First thing I would do is get someone to watch the slave cylinder motion as the clutch pedal is depressed. You should be able to see the piston extend and retract to move the clutch fork on the transmission. If the fork and clutch slave cylinder don't move, then I would consider replacing either the clutch master or slave cylinders as there is definately a problem in the hydraulic system somewhere.

Doesn't the clutch system borrow brake fluid from the brake master cylinder? When I did my BP swap in the 323, I forgot to bleed the clutch system and the car wouldn't start. It had very little resistance in the clutch pedal until I bled it and them everything was fine. I didn't need to add "gear oil" to anything, just keep the brake master cylinder topped up.

Good luck.
      1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

I have two slave cylinders from the old motors and a new slave cylinder. I'm going to install the new one when I go work on my car in a few. The last 2 slave cylinders didnt work. Hopefully the new one will get more pressure. And whats funny, When the clutch pedal is to the ground, my car will stuck so the clutch is engaged. But when its up in its upright position, the car won't start because its not engaged. Maybe its just the actual clutch pedal spring or something?

BTW, my tranny is full of gear oil and the brake/clutch resourvoir is full up.
        Last edited by Torped0; 08-18-2005, 08:48 AM.
        Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Working...
        X