bp j/y sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bp j/y sightings

I posted here 'cause it makes the most sense, since people would see it that need to. Anyway i was at the junkyard yesterday and i spot at least 2 maybe 3 bp's in junked kia's, one was missing plugs exhaust manifold and a couple other things but the one that caught my attention was complete and the windshield had been marked with "good engine", the yard is a branch on harry's U-pullit located in pennsburg, PA. If you're interested don't ask me what i think 'cause it was pouring out and I mad a quick walk through looking for stuff i needed so I didn't spend alot of time, if you are interested I'd call the yard to get some more specifics.
    95 ES
    05 S60R

oh no you started it, and if you want to start it....HAHAHAHAHAHA, you get my request...ready? here we go...i need nothing from that far away. but i like the idea. wish i could say i've seen some...but the only one in a jy out here in sd was burnt, and 1.5, and is now gone.
    proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

hay if it was only that easy. in my local JY there were like 7 kia sephia's that all had BP's in them.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Sadly my local yard has very few 2nd gens, and none of them have BP's. I haven't been there for quite a while though. Maybe they got some fresh ones.. I better go check tomorrow. Last time I went there I was bewildered. I had never seen a 2nd gen in my yard, and yet the last time I went they had 4 or 5 of them. I guess now the car is old enough to be showing up at pick-n-pull.

Comment

i have yet to see a 2nd gen in my local yard. when i found out about the BP's in the sephia's in my local yard it really made me wish hard there was someone around here who could tell me that they could drop the BP in the pro and MAKE it work without much hassle. if i found someone most likely i would be driving around with a BP by now.

Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

the only way you're gonna find someone is after you do it and conquer it. we are too spread out and not enough of us.
            proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

true, sad but true.

Mods:

Comment

It's not that hard. You'll need all the mechanical parts from the donor car, and a 95/96 harness + 95/96 ECU to make it work. IMO, the swap is difficult because people run into year-to-year differences.

Comment

so if i use a kia sephia BP 97 or 98, i just need to find a 95/96 ES and grab the wire harness and the ECU? hmm, 96 wire harness, hmmm....sammy yohoo sammy......

Mods:

Comment

Well....... Barebones engine will work just fine I guess. You might have to change a few sensors here and there. There's nothing easy, man. It is all a learning process and you have to be willing to do a little research and a little bit of extra work. Unfortunately our Mazdas are not like most Hondas where everything swaps into anything (or so I've heard).

It's all covered somewhere on the forum. I remember reading about this because OCD-SPEED did a similar swap (used a KIA engine, but Mazda ECU and harness). Generally, if you do your homework, and if you plan it out you'll be alright. We're here to help too.

Just remember to get an ECU and harness from your year range. That's the hardest part because no one likes to hack wiring harnesses and it's not as easy as swapping a TPS sensor or a distributor.

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
                      so if i use a kia sephia BP 97 or 98, i just need to find a 95/96 ES and grab the wire harness and the ECU? hmm, 96 wire harness, hmmm....sammy yohoo sammy......
                      BTW, ECU's are way easier to find than harnesses. Just make sure you get the VIN of the car it came out of and check it against Edwin's FAQ before you pay for it.

Comment

i personally still dont see the difficulty in using a kia bp... its straight forward
                        maybe its easy for me to say cause i didnt start mine yet... i dunno

but for some reason, i dont see it posing that huge of a problem

Comment

I agree. There's nothing wrong with KIA BP's. I hope I didn't come through sounding like I was opposed to them. If there is any difference it would be because of the 95/96 vs. 97/98 revisions. I know some things are different... like the plugs on the distributor. Again, I don't know what years are affected by this, but it's all here on the forum... it's been discussed before.

Comment

geez i did open a can a worms, I thought bruce used a kia as well as ocd, or am i wrong?
                            95 ES
                            05 S60R

Comment

Bruce used a Mazda motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X