okay i have a 1996 protege lx...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay i have a 1996 protege lx...

by the way im new.......well i've been looking all over for any intake for my car. but i cannot find one anywhere! I did do the search thing before this post but everybody is talking about things i've never heard before in my life...soo can somebody please help me and tell me where i would get an intake for my protege... i have no idea how to make one soo i think thats out of the question..i am willing to buy one off somebody if thats what it takes or if someone is willing to make one for me even better..i also tried going to my local mechanics, but in minneapolis they have no idea how to customize one....sooo can somebody give me a number to call or direct website..i tried Essential Speed but i only saw and intake for a 1.8L and i have a 1.5L...

......THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

here read this

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

i rigged up a 1994 acura integra one I got off ebay, i actually did the entire thing so the filter is by the bumper and iremoved the resonator and everything, it's nice... it'll cost about 30 bucks total, just make sure you have a hacksaw and 3 rubber 3in. couplers from autozone and you're set.

Comment

Hey welcome to the forums.

I'm not a big fan of the Ebay intakes. If you can't make one yourself I suggest just going to a performance shop and asking them to make one for you.

Whatever u do avoif essential speed they suck. I ordered their intake and it never got sent to me. Luckily I kept good track of my emails to and from them and I got my money back through my credit card. Many many horror stories of their customer service.
        ED
        '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
        Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
        WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Can always got to a muffler shop and have them make one also.
          My car goes put-put-put
          My MySpace
          My Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by dreamcastninja
            i rigged up a 1994 acura integra one I got off ebay, i actually did the entire thing so the filter is by the bumper and iremoved the resonator and everything, it's nice... it'll cost about 30 bucks total, just make sure you have a hacksaw and 3 rubber 3in. couplers from autozone and you're set.
            yo get pics y0! I still haven't got my intake b/c the seller on ebay screwed me the first time. i stll gotta bid & win another and wait for it to arrive

I WANNA SEE URS!!!11
            93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
            02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
            05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

yeah deffinitely, find the older posts, and everyone place pics of the way your intakes worked out. i wanna see how much difference if any there is.
              proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Working...
              X