Code Interpreting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code Interpreting Question

I have been getting some codes lately from my car(1997,LX,1.5l) and was wondering what you all thought may be the problem I have been getting a P0420 code mostly and that translates to from what I have to be Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1), also I have gotten a P1192 which translates to Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering, lastly I have gotten a P0400 which translates to EGR Flow Malfunction I have been also getting about 5mpg less than normal even factoring in the cold air that we get this time of year in Wisconsin. Thanks for your help.
    real drivers accelerate for the corners

I would tackle the EGR first. Have you taken the valve off and cleaned it yet? Try that. Make sure you clean the ports where the valve mounts to the intake manifold and any hoses connecting the two.

If the EGR is clogged or shut, maybe that has something to do with the fuel air metering code. I don't know for sure but I have a hunch that it could possibly have an effect.

Bank 1 is the precat right? It's gonna be an expensive whore to replace if it is bad.

Others should have more experience with these codes as I remember seeing some of them mentioned before. Did you try a search? Good Luck.
    1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

If you clean the egr line the only way to clean it is if you also remove the throttle body and clean as much as you can with a pic, and then spray brake cleaner into the hole and let it soak a while. keep doing that until when you spray the brake cleaner in the port behind the throttle body it comes out of the intake port by the egr valve. This is usually the cause of the p1192 do to the fact that if it is plugged their is no vaccume going to the boost sensor.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

Working...
      X