oil leak AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil leak AGAIN!

i have some oil under my intake where the battery used to be. i have a feeling it's comming out of the intake coupler things somehow, that's fine tho. I also have one under the car that im worried about. It's leaking near the center of the engine, towards the front bumper. any ideas what this one could be?

The valve cover is the only thing that can possibly leak in these locations. Just look around the valve cover seal for oil.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

Also forgot to mention the o-ring for the distributor. If it is leaking you will notice the underside of the distributor will be wet.

Comment

I already replaced the valve cover gasket when they replaced my main seal and stuff, can't be that. I replaced the distributor O ring myself, it isn't leaking at all. The oil in my battery compartment is from my intake. It leaks oil on the bottom for some reason, i think out of the breather hole on the engine, it's not a big deal and when the turbo goes on it wont be doing that anyway.

I'm just concerned about the one on the bottom, not sure what it is, even the shop couldn't fnd it. So i dunno what's going on. It's strange to me, i've already dealt with all thja tother stuff.

Comment

If you are getting oil in your intake from the breather tube it means either your pcv system isn't working, your windage trays on the valve covers are leaking, or you are getting blowby at the rings. In any one of those cases when you put the turbo on you are going to see a whole lot more oil due to increased pressure everywhere. You are going to smoke. Also if you are sucking in oil through the intake it will plug the vaccum lines to some of the sensors and cause trouble codes to be activated. You should try to fix the problem as soon as possible. Do a compression check as well as making sure the pcv valve is not gunked up and is working properly. If everything checks out their you need to remove the valve cover and get new gaskets for the windage trays.

Comment

Didn't you alter the PCV system somehow by making an oil catch can? I dunno.
            Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

I hope you don't still have that thing hooked up. The only purpose for having that is if you are running so much boost you are getting blow by. Just running stock NA you have absolutely no reason for a catch can. You won't even need it when you are running 8psi of boost.

Comment

Working...
              X