No announcement yet.

oil leak again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had exactly the same smoking and dripping exhaust when my rings went out. Get some pics of the leek or get a compression check so we have something to work with here.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

thats just it we can't find the leak

Comment

What milage is on the engine , How you replaced the valve guide seals, this can be done in the car engine together. . As stated before do a compression test dry and wet this will tell you if the rings are bad ,

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
        Motegi MR12 rims in gold
        Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
        MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
        Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
        P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

i dunno mileage, gauges were swapped when I got the car... it was from my neighbor and he would definitely not sell me a POS. I will do an oil change tomorrow, then do another in a week or two and see what happens. So far it's either rings or head gasket i'm assuming... the car runs fine so i doubt it's head gasket, maybe rings. I'll see what happens after the oil changes. I do have to use it to go to work today, so hopefully it's ok.

Comment

Just do a ****ing wet/dry compression test.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

i had a friend come over and he looked and found one of the leaks, the cam seal he thinks...

the other one could be the oil pan...

Comment

Neither one would make it smoke. If you don't do the compression test their is nothing that we can do to help you. If you go to Schucks or another parts store you can borrow a compression tester if you leave a deposit. The test will only take a half an hour and is as simple as removing spark plugs and screwing in the compression guage.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

yea my friend at work told me I can borrow it. I'm not smoking anymore, i'm about to ask him if I can borrow his.

Comment

So it just stopped throwing smoke and oil out the muffler??

Comment

yes. it did it once... it no longer does it, no smoke, no oil out the muffler... i do have two leaks under the car, two oil leaks... but thats it...

::ps. i got bored this morning and painted the entire car black:: it looks kick ass now... i hated that everglade mica, nobody knew if it was blue or green, it was just odd:: i figure i'm not driving it so why not?

Comment

Black? Like flat black with a rattle can? I have to see this!
                        1998 Mazda BHALP SE - Rain Forest Green Mica

Pacesetter short shifter ; Depo tails (thanks beetle_orange) ; Custom CAI nearing completion ; CF hood on the way ; Brembo blanks & KVR pads to be inst. (thanks Pigeon) ; Goodridge brake lines to be inst. ;

Much more to come...

Comment

Well glad to see the oil/smoke stopped for you

And hmm you rather have a rattle can paint job over your everglade mica paint job?? i really dont see how being bored could cause this, i mean if im bored i would do soemthing to benifit my car not make it uglier lol.

But did you prep it at all? like sand it down and all that or did you just go out and paint on top of your paint job?........we need some pics Strutman lol
                          Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 01-14-2006, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Hopefully you did some prep, and cleaned the paint pretty damn well...nevermind any masking or removing parts. I'm rather curious to see what it would look like, since the 2nd gens are still fairly new and the paint doesnt seem to be too bad on any i've seen to justify doing a flat look to it.

Mods:
                            JDM Headlights + Corners
                            JDM Tailights
                            1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                            Shaved Side Mouldings
                            Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                            Cone Filter
                            KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                            E-Bay front strut bar
                            Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                            40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                            and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

its not flat... i clearcoated it and everything, removed pieces, tapes things off... looks very nice... pics soon... it actually snowed here an hour ago... and i worked from 11pm to 7am and I have to do that again tonight...so don';t expect pics until mon - i have off then and teh weather will maybe improve.

Comment

Working...
                              X