Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone shed light onto the Worlds Worst 1995 Mazda Protege????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what electronic advance is all about? I have an automatic tranny and been having a very hard time getting a solid mark with the timing light. It skips between 8 and 10 before top dead center. and shakes slightly at stop lights (which it has always done) and mostly when I'm in gear. haven't ran a scan tool in a while but my cel won't shut off anymore (po304 #4 cylinder misfire, and it never does seem to misfire). Wondering if this Electronic advance could be my issue as well. I replaced the oring in my distributor a couple of months ago and the shakes got better and no oil leaks anymorestill having many withdrawls at the line. I understand that the #4 cylinder may be the beginnings of a burned valve and the z5 is gutless but it likes to bog down until I stomp on it and doesn't shift very smooth. Never have to pull over just scared to ever take a left turn thinking the oncoming traffic is going to clip me everytime? Suggestions, comments I need help reviving my interests, thinking of selling (previous ride was a 4.0L 6 cylinder.) I've owned my protege Z5 and need more power!!
    sigpic

Comment

hey im new here, but my 95 protege has very slow acceleration also, my friends joke around that my car goes zero to 60 in a week. And i also was beatin by one of those handicap buses

Comment

Originally posted by Zoomzoom0601
        hey im new here, but my 95 protege has very slow acceleration also, my friends joke around that my car goes zero to 60 in a week. And i also was beatin by one of those handicap buses
        Buy a cylinder compression tester at the auto parts store and check the compression.

Comment

Wow that is exactly what my 1.5 is doing . How can I diagnose the distributor and where is teh best place to get one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tw!tchb!tch View Post
            Wow that is exactly what my 1.5 is doing . How can I diagnose the distributor and where is teh best place to get one ?
            Thread is over 1 year old .
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
            X