starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting problems

Hello. I just put a tranny in my 95 DX and It turns over but no fire to the plugs. I checked all the connections which are all conected. The trany I put in it was out of a 98 which I was told would work fine without any mods (5 spd). The distributer is new as is the rotor. It just had the major tune up last summer and was running great until the tranny swap. I DID NOT change the sinsors to the new tranny from the old one (which I still have). Has anyone had this porblem? If so can anyone shed some light on what I may be missing? Oh and I put a new clutch kit in it.

Thanx for any help.
    Ed

Well I got the car running and now the new rear main seal is leaking again! What a pain in the ass. I'm going to have to pull the tranny AGAIN to replace it. Anyone have any idea why this thing is blowing seals?

Comment

Are you sure that it isn't that the replacement seal was not put in flush? If it's not perfectly flat when it's put in, it can easily leak. There is a tool that puts it in evenly. That doesn't mean you can't do it without the tool but it makes it less likely to be put on wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X