For those afraid of replacing their own clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those afraid of replacing their own clutch

My clutch started slipping a few months ago and I knew that I would have to replace it soon so I took the car to the local mechanis and they wanted 300 bucks for labour so I decided to become a mechanic and replace it myself having never done anything like this before. So for anyone who is considering doing it yourself, do it, its easy (as long as you have a haynes manual or similar) it only took me, alone by myself, a mere 4 hours. If anybody has any questions ley me know. The car I did it on was my 1997 Mazda Protege
    Last edited by networkingdude; 07-27-2006, 07:18 AM.

ok your message is that you have replaced your clutch

and you want us to message you, to get some worthwhile information about it/?

How about you post this information here?

I mean you have failed to provide any information other than how long it took you.

You are a waste of my calories.

Im getting an upset tummy thinking about this. The worst spam message is like... its not even advertising anything.

It just says hi Im billy bob and my IQ is 70.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/stamar
    :microwave

Comment

I just wanted to tell people not to fear doing it cause its easy and they can save money, thats all. No need for bashing my post bud

Comment

as for tips, in the Haynes manual it says to remove the swaybar and the exhaust piping and I found this is not necessary at all and saves time

Comment

Originally posted by stamar
          ok your message is that you have replaced your clutch

and you want us to message you, to get some worthwhile information about it/?

How about you post this information here?

I mean you have failed to provide any information other than how long it took you.

You are a waste of my calories.

Im getting an upset tummy thinking about this. The worst spam message is like... its not even advertising anything.

It just says hi Im billy bob and my IQ is 70.
          Wow, chill.

It's comforting to know that it's not as hard as it sounds. And now you know that all you need is a Haynes or Chiltons manual.

Do you want a ****ing DIY for everything? I'm glad he took the time to share, it was a hell of a lot more productive than your post, where you just complain because he bothered to tell us that clutch replacement is a feasible DIY, which is good to know.

Comment

sorry for being so rude.

But I editorialized like I saw it lol. There was no useful information related. I think my clutch is going great and probably wont need that repair.

But, it would be good to put into my subconsiousness things like, what tools required, helpers, location etc. But I didnt get that ;o(

Just got that yours is going strong now. I"m happy for you thats cool. In order to do this, do you also have to bleed the brakes because its common resevoir? i thought about this when I was looking through my manual one day.

Did you do it with jacks or with a cherry picker engine hoist?
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/stamar
            :microwave

Comment

yeah pls post the procedures that you did.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
              Mods:
              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

You can just bleed the clutch.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                Originally posted by HopelessCow
                there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

as for bleeding the clutch, it is not necessary at all. I will make a new thread on the step by step procedure that I used and the tools required but there will not be any pics as i didnt take any, sorry. Any questions, let me know

Comment

Working...
                  X