Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have torque specs for head gasket swap on 1.5 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have torque specs for head gasket swap on 1.5 ?

Hey Guys,

I picked up a 95 1.5 Protege LX that is in need of a new head gasket in a big way. Does anybody have the torque specs for the head / manifold / valve cover bolts etc ?

Dave

I just tighten the vc and mani as tight as i can get them but on the head im wanting to say its 12 ft pounds of torque on the head...
    MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Head: 12.7-16.2 ft-lbs
      Intake manifold: 14-19 ft-lbs
      Head cover: 61-95.4 ft-lbs

Comment

Sweet !! Wow I would have figured the Head itself to be 60'ish ft lbs not the cover

Also does anyone have the torquing procedure from the manual handy they would be able to copy down ?

Comment

Also does anybody have the exhaust manifold torque specs ?

Comment

Just an update on this. The head specs are 16 ft lbs then turn a full 1/4 turn or 90 degrees followed by another full 1/4 or 90 degrees. This ends up being a little over 60 ft lbs on the head bolts.

Also anybody with an overflowing coolant bottle that is not experiencing bubbling in the radiator or serious overheat should replace there radiator and see if that doesnt cure the problem. After I swapped the head gasket out the bubbling and pressure buildup problems were fixed but I was still getting constant overflow out of the bottle ( this time just a slow rise and poor , no bubbles ) . Turns out the abuse from the head gasket failure must have caused the radiator cap to fail and the little bugger wasnt holding pressure , just releasing the coolant into the overflow. New cap - 10 bucks and problem solved . Hope it helps somebody

Comment

thanks for this info man...its good to know when doing headwork cause i always heard 12 ft lbs....now ill know when i do my b6 head swap....
              MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Working...
              X