No announcement yet.

Any1 have the UR lightened flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does that matter? The flywheel doesn't even bolt to a tranny, it bolts to an engine.

a flywheel is a piece that every engine we use has. it does the same thing to every engine. It's NOT model specific.
    "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
    -93 MR2, 129 ES
    ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
    Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Right you are. However, off topic. We were talking about effects on the tranny. Obviously, the miata RWD style tranny is alot stronger that the Protege FWD style tranny. Logically, if a flywheel does have negative effects on a tranny, then those effects wouldnt really come out on a strong miata tranny. My whole point is you cant gauge the effects of a flywheel on our trannys by using another car with a completely diffrent and stronger tranny. Does that not make sense?
      sigpic

Comment

no, it doesn't. Flywheels effect the motor, not the tranny. They're independent.
        -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

read the entire thread before posting....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
            Right you are. However, off topic. We were talking about effects on the tranny. Obviously, the miata RWD style tranny is alot stronger that the Protege FWD style tranny. Logically, if a flywheel does have negative effects on a tranny, then those effects wouldnt really come out on a strong miata tranny. My whole point is you cant gauge the effects of a flywheel on our trannys by using another car with a completely diffrent and stronger tranny. Does that not make sense?
            no, it doesn't make sense.

That's not logical, at all. The end. Flywheels don't change the amount of stress on the tranny. Nobody has ever broken a tranny because of a lighter flywheel, unless it was complete driver error. It doesn't matter which car it is, it doesn't matter if its FWD or RWD. It doesn't matter. At all.

I read the whole thing. The whole thing was wrong.
            -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

You see, thats what ive been questioning the whole time. I believe what you say is right. However somewhere along the line someone said it would mess up the tranny. And from then on ive been questiong that and getting peoples thoughts on if it would mess up a tranny or not. I didnt think it would. So basicly you and I are in agreement here. But some of the others disagree with us. I was just trying to make sense of how a flywheel might mess up a tranny if what they said was true. Even though, all along, i didnt think it was true. So yep i think your right....however the others...i dont believe so much. In the end its just how you drive your car that will decide if your tranny is gonna fug up. If you slam gears acting like you have a dog box- yea, your tranny is gonna be trash. If you dont do mad burn outs or drop the clutch at high RPM's youll be fine, light flywheel or not. See what i mean now?
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X