Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The zenki and chūki have completly diffrent harnesses. If you feel like changing dash harnesses for no reason get a diffrent year harness. And be prepared for **** not to work because the chassis harness are diffrent to. You say you're not bad at wiring things. Re-wiring a car isnt like installing audio equipment. I put over 9000 hours in my slit harness 240 because theres no such thing as a nonmulitated 240sx harness in a junkyard.

hell you're probaly going to have to get the damn harness new anyway so you might as well buy the right one.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

well i've been finding 97 and 98 motors a lot easier than i have been finding 96's, but if its to much a pita, ill just wait and hope to get lucky, or wait till the z5 dies, one or the other
      sigpic
      96 protege dx - gone :'(
      94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
      02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
      95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
      I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
      Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
      Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
      Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

Comment

Damn, and I suck at Bowling....

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
        The zenki and chūki have completly diffrent harnesses. If you feel like changing dash harnesses for no reason get a diffrent year harness. And be prepared for **** not to work because the chassis harness are diffrent to. You say you're not bad at wiring things. Re-wiring a car isnt like installing audio equipment. I put over 9000 hours in my slit harness 240 because theres no such thing as a nonmulitated 240sx harness in a junkyard.

hell you're probaly going to have to get the damn harness new anyway so you might as well buy the right one.

Geeezis Kitty,

9000 hours at a 240, thats beyond hardcore. Why did you do that? Why not order a new harness from a fabricator....there is more to building and rebuilding than just electrical, like girls an stuff!

It must be an NC thang, cause I don't understand!
        David
        sigpic Ky

Comment

"over 9000" is an internet meme.

Also I'm not buying a harness for a car I spent $12 on.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I'm not too sure about that...

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
            "over 9000" is an internet meme.

Also I'm not buying a harness for a car I spent $12 on.
            If it was a Lamb. you may buy a harness to turn over some good cash!

And meme? I have known of her she was married to Ike, I liked Ike too...
            you don't have a video of her do you??

You know like Ms. Hilton or Pam?
            Last edited by riverrunnernky; 07-04-2008, 08:05 PM.
            David
            sigpic Ky

Comment

Shop made harnesss aproach $600. And If i were going that route I would of just done an rb20 swap at the begining. And still no one makes a chassis harness so I still would of had to replace that. And since everyone that owns a 240 is a flaming ricer everyone cuts the hell out of the harness for no reason."Hey Im going to move all the chasis ground to one point." dumbass

also

I do have the kim K tape if you want it
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

hey everybody-i am new to this forum and i have learned so much already. i have a 1.5 protege and i want to swap in a 1.8 (just the 1.8 protege engine) and i just want to kno if i have to swap the tranny or anything else besides the clutch and ecu-i wanna put a turbo in but i will have to wait for that-lol i hate being a college kid!!!!
                Originally posted by Kitty
                3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics
                Originally posted by almighty4wd
                .......Dude. You own an ECONOBOX. It is not a racecar....

Comment

Crazy Motor Thinking

I have a 96. 1.5L Mazda Protege. 92 Hp is not the best for Braggin rights. i been thinking for a while i would LOVE to have a Sleeper an get the Protege the respect it deserves. I figured with a car as small as it is. 13'' Wheels an 2300Lb...a big motor would make her FLYYY. I was thinking Gutting the entire car. All i want is MOTOR & Radio...idk how i come about doing this...i want a motor 200+HP... with non turbo, Or SuperCharged... i have no clue how to do the hole ECU blah blah blah..all i know is its a BITCH to get the tranny & ECU to work with anything...i was thinking the concept gutting the entire car. i dont want a Race car in a sence. but just a hole Project car. but i still want it to be an everyday driver. i dont want to dump any more then 3K because its just not worth it. if anyone has any ideas or suggestions i would appricate it

TommE

Comment

Is the motor mount from à z5 1996 and a 94 EGT are the same ?

i'm going the swap it about 2 week from now so
                    I have
                    Motor
                    Manifold
                    Intake
                    Maf
                    Shaft Drive
                    downpipe
                    All the wire harness
                    Ecu

Is it going to be a kind of "bolt on"
                    thanx

Comment

no they have different mounts and placement of those mounts.
                      Originally posted by Kitty
                      3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics
                      Originally posted by almighty4wd
                      .......Dude. You own an ECONOBOX. It is not a racecar....

Comment

Hello to everyone, I have a Z5 motor swap and the mechanic who did it just put one O2 sensor instead of two (front and rear, hope I'm right). I think its making the emission system or ECU not to read it right if its lean or reach.
                        Maybe someone can send me the wiring diagram for the second O2 sensor so i can just add it. Symptoms is , I can smell unburned gas at the tail pipe..Stumbling and hesitations of the engine just after every long engine brakes mostly at low RPMs.

2nd: The gas tank is not pressurized because it came from a non EFI engine. Will this make a difference?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by zshakespeare View Post
                          What I'd really like to see is a general guide on how to do this. I have a 98 SE (DX in the US) and I want to put the 1.8L engine in it as soon as I can find all the parts. However, I would like to have a general Idea of the process and order of removing the old engine and installing the new one before my more mechanically inclined friends (who restore old muscle cars) and I (who has no past experience) try to rip it apart and probably screw it up. Also I'm just trying to learn, and I could use an nice howto tutorial.
                          i found a complete write up on how too do it just let me find it again and ill post it =]
                          sigpic

Comment

hello I have a 98 protege, will a motor from a 2001 kia sephia fit without any modifications

Comment

ok i know this is prolly been asked a million times i am just lookn for a list or parts to buy to modify my 95 DX protege
                              i wanna do an engine swap but i also wanna turbo it... i am also planning on maken it RWD but thats way in the future no way that happening any time soon...
                              but yea i would like a list of ur best sujestions for a swap and engine mods for the turbo if anyone has time to awsner that

Comment

Did all of the 95 Protege ES 5 speeds come with a G series?

95 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
                                X