X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

Originally posted by 300zxgame
    Hey. I was wondering. is there a way to get the 1.8 GTX bpt engine into a 1995+ mazda 323? thanks
    carlin
    thanks that was very funny to wake up to, but seriously, i dont normally deal with 2 gens at all. it was a serious question....

Comment

Yeah there is.
      Last edited by midnightblue97; 03-26-2005, 10:45 AM.
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Ok i'm in the process of ordering a wire harness and I've come to a dead end at the moment. I've talked to the Mazda Dealer and all and they said the Wire Harness were Year Specific and Transmission Specific. I'm guessing people have done it by mix and matching. I just want some verification that it will work if i get a 96 auto wire harness.
        Last edited by Torped0; 06-03-2005, 10:31 AM.
        Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

so you're buying the harness from the dealer?

in that case, but the exact one you need... but the one for the YEAR bp you have, and the transmission you plan on using

eg. if your car is a 1995 1.5L auto, and you're swapping in a BP from a 1997 and you're gonna put an MTX tranny

the harness you want is a BP harness from a 1997 protege with an MTX tranny

Comment

I'm not gonna buy it from the dealer.... yet... I'm trying to find it from car-parts.com . Last resort is from the dealer. I have the 1995 Mazda Protege 1.8l engine and soon to be ecu. I also have the 1995 Chasis. But the only 1.8l harness I can find is for the 1996. Thats why I'm pretty stuck. If the 1.8l harness will work, then ill get that.. or i'll be forced to pay 500+ dollars for it at the dealer.

Comment

it'll work, i pm'd u

Comment

Ok Guys, I got a few things to discuss here. I know i'm pretty dumb with the cars but bear wit me. Most likely, members here will know what I'm talking about alot better than I understand. I've dropped the 1.8l in the motor and I'm trying to bolt on the tranny to the motor but we ran out of time today so I'll be doing that tomorrow. First question I may have, the two oxygen sensors. I tried searching but nothing really mentioned about swapping out oxygen sensors for this swap. I'm not positively sure if it is necessary but I talked to the dealership and they said the oxygen sensors were different. If I remember correctly, someone said they got the one for the BP after doing the swap and they discovered a 25% increase in power? Correct me if I'm wrong. I couldn't find it in the thread so I can't verify that.

Second thing, after dropping the motor in.Without the long extension that comes with the headers, the headers stop right at the downpipe of the 1.5l. I have the pacesetter headers. The only thing that may differ is just how the pipes connect. It may seem to be slightly different. The pacesetter has the rounded end to it, while the stock downpipe has ... well the normal end. I really can't explain it. I'm sure everyone has seen what the downpipe looks like. Tomorrow when I go to my friend's place, I'm going to steal his digital camera and take pictures of it. I have a custom 2 inch exhaust so I'm trying to decide on what to use. I could use the black extension given if its bigger in diameter than the downpipe, then it would connect to the exhaust by little exhaust work. Unfortunately, either way, using the pacesetter the way the two pipes join is going to be the main problem. Only question I may have are about sensors and plugs. I know that the 1.5l has two plugs or is it sensors. I'm not sure which one it is, but on the header, there is a plug that goes to the wire harness I believe. I'm guessing its the plug for the precat or what not. Because the 1.8l has one cat, I've got to determine which plugs to keep but we will encounter that further down the line. Again, I'll try to show the results. I'll also have results of the MSD box going in. Thanks to Marcio of course . I should have little problem because I found the 1995 1.8l wire harness and motor and ECU. It was a pain to find all these parts because I ordered alot of stuff while I was at school and by the time I returned from school, I realized all the parts I had were either Z5 parts or 3rd gen parts.

P.S. For those who want to know what the end of the headers are like, you can see them roughly by this thread. This is pictures of Bruce's headers I believe.

Last edited by Torped0; 06-13-2005, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Ok I need some help and I hope someone will please help me. I got my motor in and I have started to plug everything up. I was told the motor was off a 1995 Mazda Protege but I am starting to believe it was a 1996 Mazda Protege. Well I got a 1995 1.8l Wire harness. The problem I am encountering is this. The plugs to the engine itself plug up. The plug to the distributor did not plug up. It has a 2 plug which I got the 1.5l California Version of it. Now thats plugged properly. But the Mass Air Flow Sensor doesnt want to plug in because I See no available plugs for it. The TPS I believe is the 4 prong that is available. I've looked on the 2nd gen Wire Harness Manual that TheMan posted up and that kind of led me to believe it was the 1.8l. The Z5 TPS had a 3 prong so I don't think that was correct. Now looking at the diagram, I didn't find any BP 1.8l coming with a 2 plug distributor. Is anyone able to help clarrify this? The MAF is a 5 prong which is the same from 95-98. Has anyone encountered this problem? Sorry to be so confused but school is starting in 3 weeks and I need a car to take to school. This is the only setback at the moment.. or shall I say so far. If anyone has seen the 1st gen wire harness diagram, could it be mistaken for the 1st gen? Is that the possible reason engine plugs work but not the MAF? Please any help is useful.

Comment

The 4-wire TPS may mean it was an automatic.

The connector for the first gen VAF is a wide black plug that's supposed to have a metal clip on it to hold it in place (though it may have fallen off by now).
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

On the wire harness, it has alot of 3 prong connectors. I would hate for it to be a 1st gen 1.8l harness. I will end up cursing out the junkyard who sold it to me and the mazda dealer for telling me it was a 1995 1.8l. what about the distributor? How many plugs go to that?
                      Last edited by Torped0; 08-02-2005, 03:51 PM.

Comment

i was wondering if there is a big diffrence in the auto and manual tans. wiring harnesses. i have looked around and have not seen anything that has helped me so any info on this subject would be great.

Comment

egt bruce???

im picking up a egt 1.8 and tranny next week. just want to know if there is anything different from this swap than a reg bp ??? i know i need a harness and ecu but is there any thing else????

i have a 97 1.5 2nd gen..

any help will be apprecitated.

does the interior wiring just clip into the ecu??

ok lets start wit that............lol

Comment

noob question

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I would like to know if the B6DE of the MX-3 will drop in to a 97 protege without changing the wire harness, I 've read from another post that a forum member put the B6DE head on a Z5 and from my understanding he did not have to mess with the wiring. I would much rather do this than to do the bp swap because I really don't want to mess with the wiring of the car. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

I have a 98 Protege with the Z5 and I found a Mazda 323 GTX BP-T 90-94 1.8L complete turbo engine minus tranny and I am wondering if this swap is possible and what would be involved in this. If anyone has an input to help me out please post and let me know.

Comment

hey I have a 97 ES with a BP stock 5sp stock. I was wondering how difficult it would be to swap in a BP-T from Corksport (considering my current BP has over 100k miles on the clock and i don't want to take the risk of boosting it homemade turbo style). I would think it would just be a direct bolt-in with the exception of changing the ECU? thanks

97 Protege ES

Comment

Working...
                                X