rpm gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rpm gauge

I realize that a gauge is an interior accessories, but seeing how it connects somehow to the engine and I don’t have one, Im going to try asking here. I was wondering if the 1.5s had a rpm sensor maybe or if I would have to some how install this, and if so how. Also what the redline is of the 1.5, thanks in advance.
    sigpic
    96 protege dx - gone :'(
    94 Mustang Gt - Became one with a deer
    02 dodge 1500 - CAI, random aftermarket exhaust
    95 protege dx - now derivable, my new project

Originally posted by firelizard
    I'm going to go take a bath in $10 bills after my mom makes me a PB&J.
    Me: just wondering if that was a 2500 and if it was a diesel
    Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel
    Class mate 2: no way, that truck was way to big to be a 1 ton...

I don't know about the sensor, but i do have a 98 1.5L and it redlines at 6500 rpm
    sigpic

Comment

The 1.5l has a tach signal wire it is a thicker white wire on the bottom side of the dist.
      MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

by dist i'm guessing you mean distributer, i'm not fimiliar with all the short terms yet seeing how i just joined. i did look there but i don't know if you ment its routed below it or it is connected to it, if you ment connected than there is nothin there, but i'm guessing you ment below it. and in that case i did see a white cable that kinda stuck out (i'm going to read more in the book i have about my car, wasn't findin much ealier) and see if thats it or where the end is. I'm hoping i get lucky and the sensor and wire are ready to go i just need a gauge, but i don't know a lot about these things yet and will soon find out, i also need to find an rpm gauge now, i did a quick search on ebay, but the one i found was 4 in big and i think thats a little unnessary, ill keep looking. if anyone knows where to find one that is a little smaller i would apreiate it, otherwise i will keep looking. thanks everyone
        sigpic

Class mate 1: it wasn't mine, but i think it mighta been a 1 ton and ya it was a diesel

Comment

you can buy the tach in my signature and it connects to the negative coil wire

Comment

i was kinda hoping for a needle gauge, i don't think i would like all the flashing lights.

i was looking at something like this:

not sure how it connects though. Also, i don't know that much about cars yet, what is the negative coil wire?

edit: also, after reading more and going to your site, how much is one of those little devices anyway? not sure yet what i want to go with, but ill keep it in mind
            Last edited by bloodyspirit058; 07-07-2007, 01:15 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

The non-shift light model is 80USD and the one with the 4 stage shift light is 110USD.

They can be had with green or red screens and the LED colors for the shift light are up to you. The shift light model also features a dimming display and each shift point is adjustable by you.

With our tachs you don't need a huge round gauge to easily keep an eye on RPM and the accuracy is much better. PM me if you are interested, the tachs are made to order to your specs.

Comment

Those are damn nice little tachs lex...Eventually when I get some spare $$$ im gonna buy one...
                MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Originally posted by 95Protege View Post
                  Those are damn nice little tachs lex...Eventually when I get some spare $$$ im gonna buy one...
                  Thanks, let me know when you need one and we'll work out the specs.

Comment

Working...
                  X