Time For New Motor And Transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time For New Motor And Transmission

hey whats going on fellow protege lovers i got a 97 protege dx with manual transmission and i was just wondering if there was anyother motor besides the z5 that i could replace it with that will be an easy swap with no major work cause if not then ima just stay with z5 motor and what a good strong transmission also its about that time already to replace my motor it has im gonna say about 400,000 miles on it but could be more not sure still runs smooth and strong just wanna get a newer motor any advice will help thanks

Everyone knows the 1.8 engine that goes into the Protege ES of 95-98 years fits in there. However, it's not a simple swap. You have to change the computer, engine wiring harness, and other dudads. The fit, however, is precise. Even though I, by far, prefer the BP, the Z5 has behaved beautifully for me with its bad reputation. It's just that there seemed to be a large batch of them that came out bad.

Comment

If you can find any junkyard manual transmission get it because it is not a big risk. Manual transmissions will outlast any car by far as long as it has fluid in it and the drive knew how to shift without grinding gears. They are around $300 to $400 just get a good clutch o it when you install

Comment

Working...
      X