CEL O2 sensor bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL O2 sensor bypass

My car has been throwing a CEL light about, I think, inconsistent exhaust. From what I gathered, this is saying the cut is screwed. Is there a way to bypass this so I can gut the cat and not worry about it?
    My car goes put-put-put
    My MySpace
    My Cardomain

What CEL code are you throwing? Removing the cat will most likely not solve the problem.

Comment

I will go check the code. The person I bought it from said they were throwing a CEL code about exhaust inconsistencies. I got the code checked and it said the heater element on the first o2 sensor was dead. I replaced that and the light came back on after 20 minutes, so I need to check it again. I know I also probably need a manifold cause I saw a very small crack in it when I was replacing the o2 sensor.
      My car goes put-put-put
      My MySpace
      My Cardomain

Comment

CEL codes most often point to faulty sensors or actuators. The code itself will certainly point you in the right direction.

Comment

Well, looks like I have to address other **** first. I forgot the code, but the CEL is now about an issue with calculating air/fuel mixture. Not so concerned.

My main reason for wanting to know how to bypass the O2 sensor is I remember reading that if you gut the pre cat it will throw a CEL. Is this true?
          My car goes put-put-put
          My MySpace
          My Cardomain

Comment

Working...
          X