No announcement yet.

Need IAC valve for 97 Protege...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man, i appreciate it. Now hopefully the poltergeist of the protege will go away =D

Comment

Is the IAC valve supposed to be closed even when cold...the book says cool down the valve and it will open...my old one is always closed and now the one i bought stays closed too..?

Comment

How do you know its closed. It was hard to even tell what it was, open or closed.
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

anybody have a iac valve for a 97 protege?

cost over 300 to buy it from the stores, i would rather get it used

thanks

Comment

I have one ygpm
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
            |.....Overnight....................| ||
            |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
            "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
            Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Try running the engine warm and turn on the headlights/ac if you got it/blower motor/rear defrost then unplug the iac and see if the idle drops way off,plug it back in and see if the idle comes back if it does your iac is working.
              Although the PO400 code is EGR related it may not mean your valve is bad it may be the vacuum source going to the boost sensor solenoid,It gets plugged ,check the line where it connects at intake side and check the line,tubes as well.
              The EGR valve can stick open causing a rough idle ,take the valve apart 4 bolts and check to make sure the valve is not tight or sticking its spring return style and should seat/seal when you let it return,check it by filling one side with water and see if it leaks into the next chamber,try cleaning it with throttle body cleaner or combustion chamber cleaner,fill it up and let it soak.
              Its hardly ever the electrical control side but mostly a sticking valve.
              Lastly check the operation of the fuel pressure regulator ,they are known to fail and run max pressure all the time,the excessive pressure causes a rough idle,test it by removing the vacuum source and then pinching the rubber hose once disconnected to stop the vacuum leak ,the idle should change as you unplug/pinch ,plug the rubber hose on and off.If it doesnt the regulator may be screwed.Verify this with a fuel pressure test as the fuel pressure should increase as you remove the vacuum to the regulator and go back down once reconnected.
              Check your MAF sensor for contamination like a big ball of soot on the heated element as well,it can be cleaned but be carefull not to damage it,i spray them with intake cleaner and let it drip dry,never touch the element.
              Check for a dead hole by lifting up each plug wire while idling one after the other and compare the idle drop,it should drop about the same each time you remove a wire,if one hole does not change the idle when plug removed wire removed its dead.
              Im sure you allready checked for vacuum leaks right?
              Beer